Chapter 28

I tried paying attention in class but it was not easy. Alex kept staring at me. She was so obvious and didn't even care that I caught her kissing Liam last weekend. And the look on her face..Urgh, talk about the cat that got the cream. Shameless bitch!

Liam's medical leave was for a week, so he's been spending most of his time at the hospital with his dad. Every day after class,  I would go to the hospital and keep him company until his mom comes to do the night watch. It's been three days and today was the day that I have class with Alex.  And the way she's been staring at me was discomfiting. She looked so smug that it was amazing how much of a slag she is.  Has she no dignity??

After class, I sighed as I got up and walked out of the class with Ryan and Dan. The twins were lagging behind to talk to some guys they knew when Alex kinda sauntered up to me and blocked my way. She was flanked by two girls who I knew were her close friends. 

"Well, hello Hannah. How've you been?" Alex asked with a sweet smile on her lips. Her two friends didn't really say anything. They looked like nice girls and were looking at me like nothing was wrong.

"What do you want Alex?" I asked warily.  

"Look, I'm just being nice. Can't I just be nice?" Alex said patronizingly. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away when Alex grabbed my arm. Her friends looked alarmed at what was going on.

"By the way, how's Liam? I gotta say, he is one hot kisser!" Alex said as she chuckled softly. Her two friends were looking at each other with confused looks on their faces. I wanted so much to smack her in the face but Dan put a hand on my shoulder and stopped me. Ryan came forward and assessed the situation. Then, he put his arm around me and pulled me along gently.

"Come on gorgeous. No use use wasting your time with this." Ryan said and I let him pull me away. I was a little surprised because Ryan and I had never been very close, our connection only being Dan. But I was grateful. He caught me looking at him weird, so he winked and three of us walked out of the class like the bad asses we are! I caught Alex staring after me in anger. Serves you right, bitch!

I never told Liam what Alex did and the next day, his dad woke up. Understandably, I didn't go to see Liam since he's busy with his family stuff and I didn't want to intrude. So, I just lolled around on campus by myself since Amy went home. Dan and Ryan each were busy going on dates, so I was left to my own devices. Even Trey was not around. It was weird how he's always not around these days. I wonder what was up with him.

So, even when Tuesday rolled around and Liam was not around, Alex probably thought Liam dumped me. Which I didn't care about anyway. I know what's going on with Liam and that I've forgiven him. I just miss him so much since I haven't seen him for almost a week. 

Alex had started a rumour on campus that Liam and I broke up. I was sitting in class, silently fuming, with Dan holding me down, stopping me from going to Alex and ripping off that smug smile off her face. Ryan was looking at Alex like he wanted to smack her, but he couldn't since she's a girl. Even Amy was starting to get tired of Alex. Alex was sitting there a few rows from me, laughing like the world was her oyster. She kept giggling and pointing at me, not so discreetly. Honestly, she's being totally high school that it's borderline pathetic.

When the class ended, I sighed as I walked out the class. I could hear Alex snickering behind me and other students looking at me. I rolled my eyes and just ignored them. Bunch of idiots. 

Dan and Ryan were talking to some guys behind me when I saw him. He was standing at the hallway, leaning against the wall. When he saw me, his eyes lit up and he rushed towards me. My eyes widen in surprise. Suddenly, I was engulfed in his arms. Damn it, I miss him. His familiar scent filled my nostrils and I held him tight against me.