Chapter 27

Liam's POV

It's 12:35 am. I tore my eyes away from the clock on my night stand. I sighed as I blinked in the darkness. No, not tonight. Tomorrow. First thing in the morning. I'll go see her then. Give her space. I try closing my eyes and summon sleep but to no avail. In the end, I just groaned and sat up on my bed. I tore the blanket off me and got out of bed. I got dressed and reached for my helmet. I grabbed my keys and was out of my dorm in two minutes flat.

It was not that late... I think.  I started my bike and zoomed off towards Hannah's dorm. I don't give a flying eff it was almost 1 am. I have a feeling she's not asleep yet. The roads were a little dark. As I reached Hannah's dorm, I parked my bike and had just killed the engine when my phone rang. I answered and almost dropped the phone when I heard what the person on the other line was saying. With my heartbeat beating wildly, I quickly put on my helmet again and gunned my engine and roared off. Hannah would just have to wait.

The freeway was brightly lit and there were surprisingly many trailers on the road that night.  It wasn't easy to get around the trailers which were zooming along pretty fast. It was probably because of the freeway being free of cars. I sped up and zoomed past a truck in front of me. Just as I was exiting the freeway, a huge, overloaded trailer suddenly zoomed by me, forcing me to go to the edge of the road, nearly driving me off the road. Out of nowhere, there was a loud bang and the trailer suddenly skidded and lost control. It careened dangerously close to my bike, almost hitting the back. I sped up quickly, thinking I could overrun the trailer but all I could remember was the impact that threw me off my bike and the loud crash. Then everything went black.

***********************************************************************************************

"Yes, um, is there a patient in the ICU named Liam Hennessy?" Amy asked and my heart beat faster ad I waited for the nurse's answer. Inside I was losing it.  Please be alright, please be alright. Please be alright Liam, or I'll f****ng kill you!

The nurse peered into the computer,  oblivious to me wanting to wring her neck for being so slow. She frowned as she clicked and clicked on the keyboard. Then she looked up and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, but there's no Liam Hennessy in our ICU. But there is a Luke Hennessy." The nurse said. I frowned. Luke Hennessy? Wait, what? Who the heck is Luke Hennessy?

"So, there's no Liam Hennessy? What about-" I started to say when a familiar voice spoke my name.

"Hannah?" Wait, that sounded familiar.

I looked up and saw Liam peering at me in disbelief. His left arm was bandaged and there were bruises and cuts on his face and right arm. I was filled with such relief that without thinking, I just ran to him and threw myself into his arms. I started sobbing as I held him tight. Liam held me just as tight as I cried with my face buried on his chest, soaking his shirt. After a few minutes, I pulled away, sniffling, feeling a little embarrassed when I saw a few people were watching. Like some nurses, a few doctors, and Amy, who was smirking. Damnit. Liam brushed my hair from my face as he peered at my face. I was too embarrassed that I kept my head down.

"Hey, Hannah. You ok?" Liam asked as he took my hands in his. I looked up and suddenly felt justified to get a little angry.

"Where were you?! Why didn't you text me for the last 2 days?! And how come I couldn't call you at all?!" I fired him with questions. Liam looked a little overwhelmed.

"Okay, calm down, babe! Liam's right here, and he's still alive and breathing.  Look, why don't you guys go somewhere and talk, alright?" Amy said and Liam chuckled at that. I glared at Amy, but I have to admit that she's right. I took a deep breath and walked off aimlessly. Just then I felt a hand grasping mine. I looked to my left and saw Liam beside me, looking straight ahead.