Chapter 33

Hannah's POV
Okay, here we go.  I gripped Dan's arm and walked ahead,  head held high,  stomach churning.  I glanced at Trey who had been strangely quiet since we left the house. He looked thoughtful.  Dan on the other hand,  kept gawking at the beautiful decor and furniture while oohing and ahhing. I focused on Gwendolyn's polished back of the head to keep calm. Just then she stopped in front of a huge, dark, seriously imposing door. Gwendolyn knocked briskly and opened the door. I gasped when I saw the huge, modern suite. It was monochrome and extremely clean. Gwendolyn took our jackets and led us to the living room. I sat gingerly on the overstuffed leather sofa. All of us sat down. Liam was nowhere to be seen.
"Well,  Mr Hennessy will be here shortly.  I will just be in the kitchen if you need anything." Gwendolyn said and she walked to a room where I presume was the kitchen.
"Wow,  this is very nice." Dan said in admiration. I have to agree. I never knew Liam is this loaded. Made me wonder what the hell was he doing with me then.
"Hey,  you guys made it!" Liam's voice rang from the back of the suite.  We all turned and watched as he sauntered towards us.  I gulped nervously as I drank him to all my heart's content. Liam was wearing a white shirt with dark jeans. He smiled as he greeted the guys with hearty handshakes and bro hugs.
"Thanks for inviting us.  Your place is awesome!" Dan gushed.
"Thanks man. Hey, make yourselves at home." Lim said a Dan chuckled.  Trey just smiled amicably and didn't say much.
I trembled a little, waiting for Liam to come to me. Then his gaze fell on me. His face looked a little different but it was fleeting. He came over and smiled widely. I smiled as well.  I probably looked awkward  but whatever.
"Hi Hannah." Liam said as he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.  I gulped. He kinda held me a bit and it was a pretty awkward hug.  Well,  at least on my part.   Liam let me go then.
"Hi Liam. Thanks for inviting us." Was all I could muster.  Liam looked at me and smiled a little awkwardly.
We all went to the living room after that,  catching up while we nursed a drink before dinner.  Dan was telling Liam something when I felt someone touched my hand.  I turned and was faced with Trey. He was looking at me.
"How're you holding up?" He asked as he gave my hand a squeeze.  I gave a bright smile.
"I'm fine.  Hungry,  but fine." I replied,  not lying entirely.  I mean I wasn't hungry at all.  But I am fine.
"Yeah,  me too." Trey saod as he leaned back and rested his arm on the top of the sofa. Just then,  Gwendolyn came and told us dinner was ready.
We all bundled and trooped into the dining room. Liam pulled me a seat.  I thanked him and sat down.
Dinner was ok.  Liam was as gracious and as nice as he was before. But when I said before,  I meant before we got together. I tried to eat the lamb shank in front of me.  The lamb was divine and tender.  But it tasted like wood pulp in my mouth.  

After dinner, we all had coffee and kinda chatted, catching up on old times. Dan was so careful about skirting away from talking about me and Liam ever being a thing. I was grateful for that, but it's making me uncomfortable. Feeling overwhelmed, I got up and excused myself to the powder room. 

"Here, let me show you where it is." Liam said as he jumped up and made me follow him. I dreaded it but I followed him. He showed me the powder room and I entered after a brief glance at him.

After gathering my wits, I took a deep breath and opened the door. Startled, I saw Liam waiting for me outside.  I was a bit unnerved. I just steeled myself and walked out. Liam just smiled as he stood in front of me,  hands in his pockets,  clearly just as uncomfortable as I was. 

"So, how are you?" Liam asked,  his eyes looking at me,  making me a bit nervous.

"I'm great actually. Not complaining." I said casually, even though I was so freaking uncomfortable.

"So, Dan told me you guys are roommates now." Liam said as he leaned against the wall behind him. I just nodded.

"Yeah, we are. Um, Liam, I think I'll go see what Dan's up to-" I started to say when Liam suddenly grasped my wrist. Heat traveled up and down my arm. Shoot, he still has that effect on me