Chapter 15

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to @Lovely_N.Thanks for the suggestions, girl!

Liam's POV

"So, you're Hannah's boyfriend?" Hailey asked as she lounged on the sofa. She said her back was killing her so she couldn't be bothered to be all polite and sit like a lady.

"Errm, not really. We're friends." I said politely.

"Ohhh..Okay. So, does that mean you're single?" Hailey said with a flirtatious smile as she moved closer. I looked away. It was getting a little uncomfortable.

"Err, hey! It's getting late. I gotta be somewhere. Can you tell Hannah that I'll call her later. And I hope your dad gets well soon," I got up from the sofa quickly and moved towards the front door. I caught sight of Hailey's not so happy look on her face. Whatever, she was starting to creep me out. 

I looked up at the door to the kitchen, debating whether I should say goodbye to her and her mom.  But judging at the way Hailey was starting to drape herself around my arm, I thought that maybe I should say goodbye for now. I'll just call Hannah later. I got into my SUV  and roared off.  

I arrived on campus about an hour later. As soon as I got out of my car, I saw Dan walking towards me. He waved and I did the same. I've always liked Dan. He wasn't like his brother, Ryan at all. He was shaping up to be a good friend. 

"Hey! Nice car!" Dan said with a smile. I smiled back.

"It's my brother's. So, when did you guys get back? I thought the trip was an overnight one?" I asked as I locked the car and walked with Dan towards campus.

"Meh, Prof Portman thought we've gathered enough material so he bundled us home. I think he secretly didn't want to sleep in the Counselor's lounge. You know, he's the most modern guy I've ever met. And the fact that he brought us there was really not his style." Dan said as he chuckled.

"So, how's Hannah's dad? Amy told me what happened." Dan said as he entered my room with me. He's always hanging out in my room, since he's close to Trey as well. I sighed as I took off my leather jacket and draped it on my chair. I sat on my bed and told Dan what happened. Dan listened and nodded his head.

"Wow, I hope he's okay. Actually, if you wanna know, that wasn't the first time Hannah's dad had an accident. But I think this is the worst one to date. I hope he gets well soon. Taking care of him is..well..hmm, you've met him, right? What do you think?" Dan asked suddenly as he looked at me. I shrugged. I didn't know how to say it with out sounding rude, but I thought Hannah's dad was a bit critical of her. 

"Hmm, yeah..He was..well..very opinionated." I said carefully. Dan laughed as he nodded his head.

"Now that's an understatement!  He's this very decorated army officer and he's a perfectionist. I feel sorry for Hannah. She's like the coolest girl I know. But whenever she comes back from visiting her dad, she'd be all dark and critical. And she would suddenly embark in this crazy diet whatever and she'd feel rotten for weeks. And during those times, she would be the most annoying person you've ever met. It's best to just stay away from her until that phase ends. And that phase usually lasts for about two weeks, give or take a few days." Dan said as he shook his head in wonderment. 

"Wow, really? That bad? I can totally relate. My dad kinda drives me crazy, too. He is the reason why I'm staying on campus. I couldn't live in his house, he could drive me insane. And  I couldn't rent an apartment as he knows a lot of people and has circulated this rumor that I would be a tenant from hell. Nice, huh?" I said as I took off my shoes.