Chapter 23

Most of the time, things don't go the way you want it to. You hope for something so badly that you would do anything to get it. And you would be crushed beyond repair when the moment you hoped for just passes you by, making you feel like giving up. My life has been full of that kind of disappointments. I could never catch a break. But today, everything changes. I got something that I would never dreamed of wishing for. Or even dared to acknowledge.

After the rather cringey PDA at Hailey's going away party, everything went back to normal. Well, as normal as it could be with Liam practically glued to my side the whole time. Oh, and the fact that I was still avoiding Dad. Right after the party, I decided to go back to the dorm with Liam.  I didn't even bother saying goodbye to Dad. I just said goodbye to Hailey, Ethan and Lydia.  We hopped onto his huge bike. I gulped as I leaned forward behind Liam. He started the engine and then his hands shot out behind him and grabbed mine. He gripped my wrists and pulled me forward until my chest was pressed against his strong back. He  put my arms around his waist tightly that my chin was on his shoulder. I blushed when I felt his left hand squeezed my hands on his stomach and  his right hand lingering on my thigh.  Then he sped off, the impact pushing me even more forward against his back. I held him tighter to keep myself in place. Before I knew it, we arrived at my dorm. 

I hopped off Liam's bike after Liam killed the engine. He helped to unbuckle my helmet and I took off the full face helmet and handed it to Liam. He took it and took off his helmet.  He put the helmets on his bike. I didn't even look at him. Suddenly, alone with him, I felt incredibly shy. Liam took my hand. I looked up and he was looking at me with a small smile on his lips. 

"Come on, I'll walk you to your room." Liam said as he started walking and tugged at my hand gently. 

"Um, you don't have to. I can walk on my own, I mean it's late-" I started to say when Liam stopped walking and suddenly kissed me quickly on my lips. That shut me up properly. He tugged at my hand.  I followed meekly, my head still whirling with a roller coaster of happy happy joy joy feeling!!

It was only 10 pm so there were many kids still hanging around the hallway of my dorm floor. As we walked through the semi-busy hallway, I felt eyes on me. Liam was still holding my hand, pulling me along with him.

When we arrived at my dorm room, I awkwardly stood in front of him while I fished around for my room key from my handbag. I opened the door and the room was empty. Amy was still out with her date.  I stepped inside my room and switched on the lights. Liam stood at the doorway as he looked around my room. I felt self-conscious, unsure whether I should say goodnight. The embarrassingly easy part of me wanted him to stay so badly, but the logical part was too shy to ask him. 

"Your room's really nice." Liam said as he stepped into the room slowly. The door was opened and a few girls were walking pass my door a few times, curiously peeking at Liam. They were probably wondering why he was there. Liam walked around a little.

"Um, thanks." I said a little awkwardly. I put my handbag on my table and grappled for something to say. 

"Erm, I wish I could stay for a while, but I got an early basketball practice tomorrow.  I'll see you in class, ok?" Liam said as he took my hand and looked at me. I felt a small flicker of disappointment but I pushed it away. I would see him tomorrow anyway. There was a slightly wistful look on Liam's face but it was fleeting and he just smiled at me, as he came closer. I felt my heart beat faster and faster. Slowly, Liam kissed me as he pulled me closer by the waist. I sighed contentedly as I let my lips caressed his. God, he had the softest lips.  It took all the will that I had to slowly pull away when Liam did. I felt a little giddy as I grabbed the front of his jacket. Liam tightened his grip on my back as he pulled me into a hug. I nestled happily in his arms, my cheek against his collarbone. I could hear his heart beat going pretty fast. It was a marvel to know that he was just as excited as me and that it was affecting him just as much as me. Liam inhaled as he buried his nose into my hair. He held me tighter as he kissed the top of my head. Then he slowly pulled away. He looked at me and pecked me lightly on the lips. He smiled as he sighed, letting me go.  

"Goodnight Hannah. Sweet dreams. I'll see you tomorrow. Save me a seat?" Liam said as he smoothed my cheek with his right hand. 

"Ok. Goodnight." I croaked, barely able to speak after that melting hot kiss. Liam slowly walked to the door, his hand still lingering in mine. At the doorway, he quickly pecked my lips again and then walked off with a smile on his lips. My hand flew to my swollen lips as I watched him walk down the hallway.

"Hey, was that Liam Hennessy? Are you guys like, together?" Kayla, the girl in the room opposite mine asked. She's a Junior.

"Erm, y-yeah. I guess we are." I said with a triumphant feeling and a shy smile on my lips. Kayla gave me a knowing look and smiled widely. 

"Wow, he is smoking hot! You go, girl!" Kayla said as she gave me a knowing smile. I smiled back and went into my room, closing the door. I threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I tried to get my head around it, but I still couldn't believe Liam is with me now. Like, Liam legit liked me. A lot. I giggled out of the blue and clutched my throw pillow as I shrieked into my pillow happily. 

***********************************************************************************************

Liam's POV

I parked my bike with that silly grin still plastered on my face. I was feeling all giddy and happy. I didn't know why other than because of Hannah. At the thought of Hannah, I remembered how shy and flustered she looked at the party and in her dorm room just now. It was adorable how nervous she was. I let my mind wonder at Hannah's smile, her soft hair, how incredibly good she smelt, how soft her lips-

"Liam, hi!" I looked up, startled. Alex?

'Alex, what are you doing here?" I asked suddenly when I saw Alex standing at the main lobby of my dorm. She smiled as she walked closer to me. 

"Hi, just thought that we'd hang out." Alex said as she tried to kiss me. I avoided her lips and she got my cheek instead.

"It's almost 11 pm, Alex.  And I thought I'd made it clear today that I just want us to be friends. I told you I like someone else. " Liam said with a frown.  Alex sighed as she looked at me. 

"Look, can't we just try? I mean, who knows, we might work? Just give us a chance to try this out." Alex said, half pleadingly as she took my hand in hers. I tried to pull away but her grip was tight. I looked at her incredulously.

"No, I told you, I like someone else. Look, go home Alex. Goodnight." I said as I turned to walk away from her, but then she grabbed my jacket. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Liam, you can't just kiss me and then walk away. You can't do that and then say that you've fallen for another girl! That's not fair! You can't do this to me. I feel a connection with you. Please, can't you give me a chance?" Alex was outright begging now. I tried to pry her hand off my wrist but her grip was like a vise.

"No, Alex. You kissed me. Look, just go home ok. I'm sorry. " I said as I tried to pull her to the main lobby. Alex resisted and she pleaded for me to give her a chance. I ignored her and pulled my arm out of her hands. Quickly I turned around and walked briskly towards my door room floor. I heard Alex calling me but I ignored her as I walked quickly to my room. 

When I got to my room, I went in and quickly locked the door. I sighed as I put my bike keys and helmets  on my shelf. I was surprised that Alex would do what she did just now. I admit that letting her kiss me was a big mistake. Especially when now she's convinced that we should date and all that.  I shook my head to dismiss Alex from my mind. I peeled off my jacket and hung it behind my chair. As I got ready for bed, my head was filled with Hannah's smile and her face and her lips... and that sexy body. I exhaled as I lay on my bed, my eyes closed, replaying how hot yet sweet Hannah looked just now that the little scene with Alex was temporarily forgotten.......

***********************************************************************************************

A/N

Okay, I know I have been tardy with updating. Really sorry but I was having problems logging into wattpad via facebook. I kept getting an error message saying that I didn't have any Client Authentication whatever. So, I couldn't open my account for weeks! I hope you can forgive me and here's a little update that can tie you over. I'm already working on the next chapter.

So, Alex is getting a tad obsessed.  Well, hope she doesn't cause any trouble between Hannah and Liam.  So read, vote and share this story if you enjoy reading my book ..........