Chapter 25

I fumed. A coincidence? I think not. I swallowed an angry retort as the pair in front of me giggled innocently.

"Wow, what a coincidence. Didn't think we'd see you guys here." Trey said with a huge smile on his face. Alex was smiling beside him, her eyes never leaving Trey's face.

"Yeah, and watching the same movie, no less." I said as I looked at Alex. She looked really good in a sheer cream top and skinny jeans. A 'lil slutty,  but gorgeous as hell.

It made me a little uncomfortable to be there with Alex.  Especially when she looked so relaxed.  And how the hell did she get Trey to go out on a date with her?  It's too much of a coincidence.

In the theatre,  it was pretty hard to concentrate on the movie as I heard murmurs from Alex and Trey a few seats away.  Even when Liam pulled me close and kissed my temple,  I didn't notice it.  I was too distracted.

When the movie was over,  I pulled Liam who chuckled nervously at my weird antics, quickly to his bike.  I really didn't trust Alex.  I wasn't too worried about Trey.  Alex is a different story. She looked like a woman on a mission.  And that is dangerous,  especially when she looks like that.

"So,  I'll see you guys later. Hannah and I got plans." Liam suddenly spoke out of nowhere.  I felt a surge of gratefulness and relief. 

"Aww,  really?  Can't we join you guys?" Alex looked upset. I stared at her.  Even Trey looked taken aback.  He frowned,  clearly did not agree with Alex. 

"No,  sorry. So,  see you guys later!" I said and waved as we walked away.  Trey waved back with a small smile while Alex looked sullen, clearly not happy. Liam took my hand and we walked to his bike. 

Liam handed me my helmet. I took it from him distractedly. Suddenly,  I felt Liam put his arm around my waist.  I looked up and Liam caught my lips with his. I sighed as he started to kiss me softly.  When he slowly pulled away,  Liam smiled softly as he looked at me.  I bit my lower lip. Gosh,  he's so hot.. No wonder Alex was acting the way she did.

"You ok,  babe?" Liam asked me as he smoothed my hair from my face.  My face heated up looking at the way Liam was looking at me.

"I guess.  It's just,  I'm a little worried about Alex-" I started to say when Liam kissed me again.  That shut me up.

"Look,  I'm with you.  Not her.  I want you,  not Alex or anybody else.  Just you, ok?" Liam reassured me as he looked deeply into my eyes.  I smiled as I hugged him close.  He hugged me back as he kissed my temple softly.

Then we got on his bike and roared off.  When I got ready for bed, I couldn't keep my mind off Alex. She seriously looked like she was up to something. The way she manipulated Trey was evident enough. I mean, I know that in spite of everything, Trey would never hurt me. He was probably roped in by Alex. And yes, he could be a little dense, so he probably did not realize what Alex was doing. Urgh, whatever. I shook my head as I tried to stop thinking about Alex. I got under the cover and tried falling asleep. I'm sure Liam will stick with me, no matter what.

***********************************************************************************************

"I'm so happy!" Dan exclaimed suddenly as he sat beside Amy. Both Amy and I looked at him strangely. Dan was smiling and he looked gorgeous as he used to. Gone was his scraggly scruff on his chin. He looked as gorgeous and clean-shaven as he used to before all the awkwardness between Ryan and him.

"Come on, tell us why!" Amy cried impatiently. I was impatient to know as well. 

Turns out, last night some drunk guys roughed Dan up when he got back from the library. They called him a bunch of horrible names. Ryan and Trey were somehow in the area and beat up the guys good.