Chapter 9

"Hey, what are you doing?" A voice I thought was familiar suddenly spoke when I answered the phone. The number was unknown. I frowned.

"Err, who's this?" I asked cautiously. There was a chuckle on the other side.

"Sorry, I forgot you don't have my number. It's Liam." The voice said. I was a little surprised. Ok, now where did he get my number..?

"Liam, hey. How did you get my number?" I asked.  He chuckled. Ok, what's so funny?

"Well, I have my sources... What are you doing? You busy?" Liam asked.

"Um, no, not really..Why?" I asked, mystified.

"I kinda need your help." Liam said.

"Oh, with what?" I asked, mystified.

"I need to buy my mum's birthday present, but I have no idea what to buy for her." Liam explained.

"Oh, okay. When's her birthday?" I asked. There was a pause. Then Liam replied sheepishly.

"Err, today," I raised my eyebrows. Then I chuckled.

"You forgot, didn't you?" I said with a giggle. Liam chuckled sheepishly.

"Yeah. Umm, so can you help me?..Please?" Liam pretty much begged me.

"Well,okay. You're lucky I'm bored out of my mind." I chuckled over the phone.

"Great! So, I'll pick you up in an hour? I'll call you when I get to your dorm room, ok?" Liam said.

"Alright," I said and hung up.

I changed into a pair of my favourite skinny jeans and a girly fitted white top. I took my leather jacket and put on my boots. Just as I put down my lip gloss, my phone vibrated.

"Hey, Hannah. I'm at the lobby." Liam spoke on the other side.

"Ok, I'm coming." I said as I got out of my room.

When I reached the lobby, I saw Liam on his bike. Dayummm.... He looked crazy sexy straddling the huge bike. There were many girls who were straight up staring at him. He's every girls' wet dream right there. Just then he turned to me and smiled. He handed me a helmet. I took it and felt all eyes were stabbing at me. I looked at the helmet and concentrated on putting the damn thing on.

When I've put it on, I climbed onto the bike and clung to Liam. Damn this bike is high. I grabbed him by the waist and held tight. Just then, Liam looked over his shoulder.

"You're ready?" He asked and I nodded. Liam started the bike engine
and he roared off. I gripped his waist tightly as the bike went faster. Seriously, this bike will be the death of me.

After a few minutes, we arrived at a a nearby mall. Liam parked and I jumped off first, grateful that I was there in one piece. Liam got off gracefully. I stared at him. Damn this guy is seriously sexy. Why the hell is he hanging out with me?

"Okay, so what does your mother like?" I asked as we walked into a boutique selling women's accessories.

"Well, she likes scarves, shoes and handbags, just like any other woman." Liam said. I nodded and looked around at the lines of gorgeous scarves. Suddenly, 1 caught my eye. It was gorgeous ruby red and  soft as gossamer silk. Looking at the price, it probably was. It was soo expensive, but sooo gorgeous. Liam came up behind me and reached out to touch the scarf. His thumb grazed my hand and I felt an electric current suddenly zapped me out of nowhere. I gulped.

"Wow, this is so nice." Liam said as he fingered the fabric. I was paralysed my back to him.

" I know right? Get this for your mom." I said, trying to sound casual.