Chapter 27

"Sweetie" I feel my shoulder shake slightly.

I jolt up crawling to the bed frame with my knees to my chest, I can feel the sweat dripping from my body, "It's mum" she coos.

I relax straight away with just seeing her face and look down towards the duvet below me.

"I've made a doctors appointment" she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear looking towards me with commiseration.

"W-What for?"

"Just for a check up"

I don't want to go. I don't want to know. I want to stay in bed.

"Where's Asher and Ace" I ignore.

"In the living room" she tilts her head. "I think you should come home, baby" she takes my hand in hers, her eyes beginning to water.

I know it'll be hard for her knowing what happened, the last time she told me to not go to parties without Ace and Ash and I didn't listen because of Ace and the baby...maybe everything that is happening to me is punishment some sort of karma or bad luck for something I may have done.

"I don't want to" I shake my head.

"Why?"

"I don't want to go anywhere" I just need a few days and I'll be fine.

"I want you to come home" she commands.

"I'm fine here"

She sighs, "I don't want you here any longer, you're coming home and that's final"

"What about college?"

"We will have you transferred"

"I know my way around here and my friends are here" I pull my hand out of hers.

"I've made my decision and you aren't staying" she stands up, "Pack your things" she says before leaving the room

I'm not going, just because of what happened doesn't mean I want to get up and leave. I will get through this, he isn't here anymore and I haven't got anything to be afraid of, I'm safe...I have Asher and Ace..well until Sunday. Even if it is punishment or Karma...it'll pass, right? It won't always be like this.

"Hey" I hear and my eyes meet Ace's brown ones.

"Hi" I say back, his hands are in his jean pockets at the front as he stands awkwardly, nervously.

"How you feeling?"

I nod, "I'm fine"

He continues to stand near the door, I don't want him near the door I want him sitting beside me, cuddling me, keeping me warm and safe.

His eyes are on the floor as he begins to slowly rock from one foot to the other.

I pat the bed beside me, "Come here" I half smile, he's being so distant, too distant.

"I-I'm ugh good here" he copies my smile.

Why?

"Oh okay" is all I say, It's like we've taken a million steps back.

"You hungry?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Come on, you need to eat" he sighs.

"I am"

"Real food"

"I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be edible if it wasn't real"  I softly laugh.

He sighs again, "Camila, I'm not in the mood for a smart mouth"