Chapter 23

⚠️TW⚠️

It's Monday and the weekend was dreadful, Asher was there the whole time so I was unable to have one on one talk with Ace about him and Skye which I didn't know a thing about

It's Monday and the weekend was dreadful, Asher was there the whole time so I was unable to have one on one talk with Ace about him and Skye which I didn't know a thing about. He sure kept that a secret when i was crying about the horrible shit she done. I know I shouldn't be jealous and annoyed about it but I am, I just hate her with a passion now. She was never my best friend.

After i had that talk with Brad I went back upstairs and straight Ace's to bed, that's the first time I've had a proper conversation with Brad without him trying to hit on me, it was nice.

It's Ace's last day on Sunday and I know it's going to be so hard saying goodbye to him, I won't get to hug him for over a year, kiss him, smell him. I won't even be with him on his birthday which will be the first time ever.

No.

It'll be fine, we'll video chat when we can. We'll call and write and when he comes back it'll be like he never left and we will tell Asher about us when we're finally ready. It will all be fine.

"Hey, shit head" Asher says walking past me and heading to the kitchen.

I roll my eyes and laugh, he's beginning to act like his old self around me and I'm sure it's just to cheer me up because of what happened, which I'm trying not to think about.

"Hey, want to order pizza tonight?" I follow him after dropping my bag down at the door.

"You paying?" He lowly chuckles.

"Split it?" I say and he smiles, I take a seat on the stool.

"Sure" he nods pulling out a can of coca-cola from the fridge.

"Didn't you have classes today?" I ask.

He pauses glancing up at me then back down to the can in his hand, he cracks it open and sighs looking back up at me.

"I got kicked out" he admits.

"You what!?" I say shocked.

"It's not a big deal" he shrugs.

"Asher, it's such a huge deal!" How is he even got the money to pay for the apartment, he doesn't have a job nor does he go to college now.

"Don't start" he huffs and takes the can to his lips throwing his head back allowing the fizzy soda to go down his throat.

"How are you paying for this?" I gesture my hand around in a circle.

"I have it figured out, don't worry"

"How?" I raise a brow.

"That doesn't matter okay, just be thankful that I'm managing to keep food in this kitchen"

"What are doing for money Asher?" I demand in a low voice.

"Camila..." he runs his hands through his hair, "Just leave it the fuck alone"