Chapter 7

"Ace is picking you up huh?" Aiden says just above a whisper, he walks around the island counter and leans against it facing me with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

What does he mean by that?

"Yeah?..." I say in confusion.

"He is such a dick" he sternly says, no hint of sarcasm.

"He's not that bad" I roll my eyes.

I know he has been mean, especially to me but that was before and I didn't think he was to others.

"He is.." he laugh and glances towards Kyle, making sure he's still okay, "What do you even see in him?" He asks nervously.

"What?" My eyes widen, does he know?

"What do you see in him, you know..that you didn't see in me?"

My heartaches remembering his face when I told him I wanted to stay friends.

"What do you mean?" I act as if I have no clue what he is talking about.

"Come on, Cam, I see the way you look at him..that day we were out for breakfast after staying at Julia's and he showed up"

I swallow the lump forming in my throat as my mouth all of a sudden becomes dry and my palms become sweaty.

"I-ugh.." I stare at him unsure of what to say.

Are we that obvious?

"I just think you deserve someone better" he shrugs.

"I-I don't" I shake my head as I stutter, "He's been nothing but lovely to me..but he's just my brothers friend" I try convince.

"I'm not stupid I see it, I just don't get it. He's a complete asshole to everyone especially me, in all honesty you're too sweet for him"

What has he done to Aiden? I know he called him the wrong name a few times but that's it.

"I'm not sweet" I'm just not in the slightest bit sweet.

"Well I think you are.." he sighs.

"Don't tell anyone, please" I practically beg, feeling myself beginning to panic about him knowing.

"I wouldn't do that to you, I can tell it's meant to be a secret and I'm always here, if you want to talk" he flashes me a kind smile.

"Thank you" I return the smile.

My phone buzzes and I quickly slide it out my back pocket.

Ace: I'm here

I look up to Aiden and smile, "He's here, I'll call you okay?"

"Okay..." he nods "just be careful" he pulls me in for a long hug.

"Bye Kyle" I softly say after I pull away from the hug.

"Bye" he says as if I weren't in the room.

I get into the passenger side of Aces truck, "Did you have fun?" I know he's only trying to be nice about it, he's probably dying inside.

"Yeah" I smile and kiss his cheek as he begins driving, he smirks to himself.

"You wasn't with him long" he places his hand on my thigh.

"Well, I want to talk to Ash" I feel myself become flushed as my anger for Ash rises.

"Don't be mad with him"

"Why? He's been an absolute dick to me"

"He doesn't mean it, baby" his thumb swipes back and forth on my leg as he focuses on the road.