chapter 26 - Prom part 1

"Nah" I say looking at myself in the mirror, I don't even recognize myself in a dress. All I ever wear are baggy clothes.

"Faith you're such a pain in the ass sometimes, this is like the 9th dress you turned down!!" Kat says in an inpatient voice.

"8th" i correct her and although I can't see her- I know she's rolling her eyes.

"What about this one?" She asks, holding up a blue dress.

It's a long, dark blue dress with a lot of details on the top. The back bottom is long and the front keeps getting shorter. It has a V neck and shows a lot of skin.

"No." I say immediately.

"But-"

"No. That's waaaaay out of my comfort zone." I reply.

"Cute to think you had a choice." She replies. But I stand by my point, I'm not getting this dress.

-

I got the dress.

Kat wouldn't shut up about it so I just took it- it's okay, i mean it's pretty? I don't know I just wanna get done with this.

"Lorenzo will NOT know how to react- like oh my god I will do your make up and hair and you'll wear heels and this beautiful dress, and of course perfume- do you prefer Chanel or Victoria's Secret? Or oh my god I know- I have a nice Dior perfume you will love it." Kat says, then she claps her hands excitedly.

When your best friend is more excited for your homecoming dress than you are.

I just go with whatever she has planned and nod at her ideas.

——-

it's been a few days and i've seen the dress hang on my wardrobe for a while now. day from day. why won't it change....I can't believe i'm actually gonna wear that?? have i become insane?! i probably have who am i kidding, there's no way in hell i could wear that. i dragged it off the hanger and threw it on the bed and my scissor of my dresser. time too cut you up.

instead of it being shorter in the front and longer in the back i cut off the back and made it all one length. i took off some unnecessary pearls and decided imma wear a scarf around my shoulders so it'll cover me a bit.

Kat will kill me.

but i decided that it's worth it and put back the dress. i mean the damage is already done.

As i went too sleep i couldn't stop thinking about tomorrow. Is Kaden gonna show up? i twisted and turned in my bed and somehow i couldn't get his words out of my head "break up with him" GOD why does he mess with me like that. But thinking about it right now will definitely not help me sleep.

And then i heard my door bell ring. what? it's like- i checked the time and realized it's 1 am? i looked out my window too see Lorenzo? i looked in my mirror and saw the mess in front of me. great. my tank top was revealing and my shorts were tight. my hair was down in loss curls that had worn out during the day and my pink princess slippers. yeah we not bringing those. I threw off the slippers and ran downstairs and opened the door.

"hey" he smiled and i looked at him up and down. damn. he had a tight white t shirt with grey sweatpants and his hair was a mess.

"h-hey" i stuttered out and he gave me a smile and walked inside. oh god those dimples.

"what are you doing here?" i asked and he didn't say anything and pressed his lips against mine as soon as i turned too face him. I shut up and kissed him back.

This wasn't the same as Kaden- stop it Faith.

his hands travelled down my back too my ass and grabbed me. I moaned into the kiss and i don't know if i was enjoying this or not. he pulled me up from the floor into his arms and held me tight as my arms travelled around his neck. He pressed me against the wall and kissed down my neck. After making out for about 5 min he took me upstairs and threw me on the bed.

That's when things started too escalate.

He grabbed a hold of my body and moved downwards and my breath got quicker. i wanted it too stop. please stop. He grabbed a hold of my shorts and dragged them off and I started shaking.

"Stop!" i yelled out and sat up. i crawled all the way back too the headboard of my bed and looked at him in- almost disgust.

"did i do something wrong?" he asked in his sweet soft voice and i just stared at the floor.

"baby"
ugh why does he gotta say that.

he got closer and put his hand under my chin and made me look up and i almost twitched him away "i should've asked if you were comfortable with this?"

me and lorenzo have never done anything sexual except making out and i would've liked too keep it that way. No kiss could ever compare...stop Faith.

"too go down on me? yeah you should've" i stood up from the bed and put on my shorts. both my hands went too each of arms and rubbed up and down in an attempt too make my goosebumps go down.
"you should leave" i say as my back is turned against him"

"but" he tries

"please" i say and he sighs.

"okay, i'm sorry" he finally says and he leaves, without me having a second glance at him.

"This is gonna be great!" Kat says before we walk in the room.

I look around me. It's the biggest room i've seen, there are a lot of people here although the party started like 10 minutes ago. I recognize some faces, but others I don't. There are a lot of people that don't go to my school.

There are balloons on the ceiling. Disco lights around the room and a lot of people slow dancing to the song that's playing right now.

I see two tables, one with food and the other with drinks, I grin. I for sure know where imma be tonight.

Then I see Lorenzo walking up to me, he's wearing a black suit and black shoes. He's wearing a lot of gel in his hair too.

I don't know how to feel, I was already confused about my feelings and last night just made everything worse. Maybe it's better if I-

No Faith. I tell myself. You love him, he loves you.

"Hello beautiful" I hear him say. I fake a smile.

"Heyyyy handsome" I reply, he kisses me on the lips and I innerly cringe, it felt wrong.

He hands me over a coursage which i take, i smile at him as thank you. ''shall we?'' he says, pointing at the crowd, meaning he wants to dance. I just nod.

i lay my head on his shoulder, i put my arms around his neck, as his hands are on my back. We slow dance to the song. Then i notice i'm being stared at, i frown and narrow my eyes.