Chapter 16: what a night

A/N - hey so this is a disclaimer that it'll include a lot of deep scenes. As suicide and trauma so if you don't feel comfortable with it you shouldn't read this so this is just a warning for y'all. Anyways enjoy.
_____________________________

I let out a breath as I could see the cloud I gave out from my mouth because the low temperature. I was currently sitting on a bench freezing my butt off- literally- waiting for Kaden. He said 10 minutes and it's been 15. I hugged myself as I bent over a bit to try to keep myself warm as I could feel a jacket going over my shoulders and around me. I looked up to face Kaden.

"Where have u been?" I asked annoyed at the late guy.

"Never heard about being fashionably late?" He smirked as he sat down next to me.

I clenched my jaw as I threw his jacket off my shoulders and placed it in his lap as angrily as I could.

"I thought you were cold-" he said "listen hear dickhead. I don't need your fucking jacket. I don't need your stupid excuses. I want the truth and the truth only so now you're gonna tell me why you ruined my fucking friendship!" I yelled at him feeling how I was about to tear up, I could feel the lump in my throat as I gulped.

"What are you talking about?" He said with a smirk enjoying my frustration.

I looked at him for a second and then I looked down and let out a sigh. "I didn't kiss chase" I said and rubbed my arms.

"I know.." he let out and relaxed more in the position he was sitting in and let out a sigh leaving a cloud of warmth after it.

"Then why would you tell Jordan? he hates me-" I asked

He had a confused look at the beginning and frowned. It soon took a stop and created a smirk instead. "Because why not fuck some things up." He finally said as I looked up at him with a hurt look.

"Kaden-" I tried to get something out but he just ruined everything, jordan was the only thing I had now- now I don't have him and everything- literally everything I had is gone.

"Yes babe?" He answered me, I completely forgot I said his name as I heard a sniff further away. I looked from where the sniff came from and got up.

"Faith?" I ignored it.

"Faith? What did you hear?" He asked as I kept following the sound of sniffs, totally ignoring him.

He got up and followed me as I went to the other side of the roof.

(Warning for people who are sensitive with suicide)

I saw this guy, he had a red shirt, black pants and he was skinny, his hair was short and he was standing at the edge of the roof. His entire body was shaking as I saw the cuts on his arms.
I was finally realizing what was happening.

"Hello...?" I said as he turned around, his cheeks covered with tears as he looked me in the eyes.

Pain, that's all I can say. He was in pure pain.

"You shouldn't be- be here" he said his voice breaking at every word he spoke.

"Hey- whatever you're doing- whatever you're thinking, don't- just let me help you" I said taking a step closer which caused him to take one step closer to the edge. "No! No..no don't-" I pleaded desperately as a tear rolled down the guys face.

"I'm not- I'm not worth this life" he said as more tears rolled down and wrists were bleeding.

I took a step forward but felt Kaden hold me back.

"Stop- he'll continue too go back if you continue too go forward." Kaden says which immediately makes me freeze.

I look up at the guy who isn't looking at me anymore but at the ground under him.

And from that moment everything went in slow motion, or at least, it felt like it.

I watched as the guy set one foot in the cold air, then I loosened myself from Kaden, running at the boy as fast as I could.

But I was too slow

The boy fell off the roof top and I reached my hand out but missed his arm, my whole body went into shock as I saw his body fall down. My eyes or body didn't react fast enough and I saw him land on the ground.

My eyes shut close and I let out a gasp as Kaden dragged me away from the edge.

I opened my eyes slowly looking down at my hands.

They were shaking.

I saw tears falling on my shaky hands. And all I could think about is the boy, I wasn't fast enough.

I try to loosen myself off Kaden, I need to go to the boy. I-

"Hey, calm down." Kaden tries to calm me.

"No- no I can't I- I'm, you need to let go of me I need to go maybe- maybe I can help him Kaden maybe he's alive please!" I cry. I don't even know what I was saying, my gaze was a blur from the tears and I couldn't think properly.

"Hey Faith. He's gone ok? He is gone. You can't change that, we couldn't do anything about it ok?" Kaden says.

I now turn myself to him.

"What are you saying? I- I could've saved him! I maybe still can, please let me go to him." I reply crying.

"Faith..." Kaden begins.

"No please, Kaden you don't understand he KILLED himself! And I, I just stood there. I-" I yell at him desperately.

"Faith listen to me-"

"Maybe if I was just a bit faster, maybe he wouldn't have done it, it's all my faul-"

"FAITH! LISTEN TO ME!" Kaden cuts me off.

Both of us are breathing heavily and I impatiently wait what Kaden wants to say.

He still holds me, his hands are behind my back making sure I won't go anywhere. But why?

"I was there too ok? I was the one stopping you from walking up to him, so if you want to blame someone- blame me, but please, do not blame yourself. You don't want to do that, you don't want to live with the thought that someone has died because of you. Trust me. You don't." Kaden says, looking down at me with - for the first time- an emotion in his eyes.

Sadness.

It's like the curtains have fallen down, his eyes are filled with emotions, it looks like he has flashbacks, because he is far away from here with his thoughts.

And that's when it hit me.

Something has damaged him.

Something really horrible.