Chapter 34 - Secrets make people closer

Weeks had gone by and there were no signs of his father, nothing on the news. It was silent, i've stayed with him since the incident and it's time to go back to school, since we've basically been in lockdown since prom.

i walked by his room and knocked on the door, no answer. "kaden?" i said lightly and knocked again.

"come in"

i slowly opened the door to see him on the bed, messy hair and dark circles.

"hey...we'll find him"

he didn't respond and simply got up and into the bathroom. I don't know what happened but right now it's complicated, i'm only here because i murdered his father and yes it sounds fucked up. but i chose him over his dad any day.

i just hope we find the body.

i went downstairs and later he followed along, we got in the car and he drove us to school, i could already tell people saw the car and judged right away, us being together wasn't a good look.

Me the straight A student with a dickhead, yeah i looked bad. i just couldn't stop caring of how people viewed me and how i was beside Kaden, i cared for my scholarship if the murder gets out i cared for my mom and my future.

i got out of the car and saw kat, she immediately rushed and hugged me tightly, kaden let out a snarky breath and left to go inside, i saw him talk to chase, before walking in he looked back at me and walked in.

"omg where have you been no one has heard from you for a month and now you turn up in kadens car??!" i saw it all load in kats head "OMG DID U SLEEP WITH KADEN BLACK"

i rushed my hand to her lips "what the FUCK is your problem?! no of course not i wouldnt go that low!"

everyone stared at us in the parking lot "look at something else will you?!" i yelled and resulting in them turning their gaze. i simply took off my hand from her lips and she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the school.

"Faith, not to be like that but it looks like you've killed someone"

i froze. "what-"

"i'm kidding- geez you just look tired, take a joke will ya" she said and rushed into english class. i saw her kiss a guy and rolled my eyes, another one of her preys.

"are you stupid" he whispered

chills went down my spine as i recognised the british accent, he was so close i could feel his breath on my neck running down my shoulders.

"i don't think i am, why the sudden interest black."

"i saw your reaction to kats comment"

"so now you're stalking me?"

"i just watch pretty things"

and with that, he left me there walking into english without a second look.

i grabbed the last thing in my locker when it suddenly shut. "I knew you were a whore"

Lorenzo...

"what-"

"you run away with him for a month and you think i wouldnt know?"

"you broke it off with me!"

"because you're in love with him!"

a breath got stuck in my throat and i didn't have anything to say, i felt utterly embarrassed as he yelled that in front of everyone.

"i'm not in love with Kaden, Lorenzo"

"yeah i can tell, good luck with that. he'll break your heart." with that he started to walk off.

that's all i could think of the entire class, my mind was filled with catastrophic anxiety and my heart was racing, i don't like him even so how could i love him. all we are is roommates because we have a huge secret no one can find out about.

"Faith did you hear me"

shit...

"what is the answer?"

uh...what class am i in..? english?

"umm...Shakespeare?" everyone laughed, guess that was the wrong answer

"pay more attention now will you."

"yeah-yeah of course..."