46

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I just finished patching everyone up that was hurt..It was daytime now, A lot of people died last night, it was Beta. He killed them but let them turn. I walked outside and saw Jerry holding up Kelly and Aaron holding Carol. I stopped walking once i noticed that Daryl, Connie nor Magna were with them. Carol was hurt, she had some blood on her forehead.And now seeing that there were people missing made me worry even more. Kelly was limping but the rest seemed to be okay. Aaron, Jackson and Gavin were okay though.

Where was my brother.?

I felt my heart drop to my stomach as Jackson and Gavin walked straight towards me. Jackson held his arm out toward me. "I need to talk to you.." he said. I shook my head pushing his arm away slightly. "Where's my brother." I said looking at him. "Aaliyah he's okay." Gavin said looking at me. I looked at him and shook my head, "Then where is he." i said feeling tears well up in my eyes. Jerry, Kelly and Carol walked by us. "Where's Connie." I asked, my voice shook a little. "Aaliyah.." Jackson said putting his hands on my arms again. "No- Stop." I said feeling pressure on my chest. I felt like i couldn't breathe, he wouldn't be talking to me unless something happened to them. I tried pulling away from him but he held my arms a little tighter.

"Where are they." I said holding back tears, "Daryl's okay. He just- He's okay. I promise he's okay." He said. "Connie and Magna.?" I asked looking at him then Gavin, Gavin looked away from me. Jackson kept his eyes on me without saying anything, I looked back at him. He had this look in his eyes. He didn't have to speak, that look told me everything i needed to know. I furrowed my eyebrows and a tear finally fell. They were dead?

"No." I said shaking my head a bit. He put his hands kind of on the sides of my face while i started catching my breath a little. "I'm sorry.." he said. "No- stop." i said as i started crying. They can't be dead. He pulled me into him and i started crying even more. Connie and Magna were dead and my brother was gone. I don't know where he was. He put a hand on the back of my head and just held me. I wasn't hugging him back, I had one hand on his arm and i covered my mouth with my free hand.

I felt another hand on my back (Gavin). (I feel like i'm gonna make them best friends, Gavin and Aaliyah) "How?!" I asked. Jackson shook his head, "Not right now.." he said. Gavin moved his thumb a bit, kind of comforting me in a way. I finally hugged Jackson back, he just held me close to him in a big tight hug. (Hugs from tall people are the best haha.) "Your brother went back to see if there was another way in. To get to them, to see if there was another way in. We don't know if they're dead or alive." he said.

I pulled away and looked over, down the street to the infirmary. "Um-" i said as my voice cracked. There was some hope then.. Maybe they made it to a safe place. "I need to- they're hurt. I need to go help them- Are you guys okay." i said looking at them. "We're alright." Gavin said. I nodded sniffling, "Okay-" i said and walked away from them, running my hand through my hair. "Aaliyah." Jackson said coming after me. "Take a breather." he said catching up to me. I shook my head as i walked.

"They're hurt. I have to help them." I said. "Aaliyah." he said stepping in front of me. He put his hands on my shoulders, stopping me. "Please. Just stop for a second." He said shaking his head, I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "Take a breath.. You can't help them if you're like this." He said softly and rubbed my shoulders a bit. "Alright? Take a deep breath." He said. I did my best to take a deep breath, but i could barely take a full breath.

What if Daryl was hurt.? What if he does something stupid again? This happened when Denise died. He left trying to go after Dwight. What if he's going after Alpha? "Again," He said. I tried again until i started breathing right and calming down. He nodded. "Good." he said and took his hands off my shoulders. "I'll walk you, cmon." he said and walked me over to the infirmary so I could take care of those who were hurt.

~Later on that day~

I ended up taking a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth and went downstairs. There were some people heading to Hilltop. I reached downstairs and I saw Jackson sitting there on the couch. He looked over to me, and slowly stood up. "Hey." he said softly and walked over to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat. He came up to me. "Um- what are you doing here?" I asked chocking on my words a little. He held my hands and i held them back looking down. "Checking in." he said. I sighed a bit calming down, he just looked at me. "My brother." i said and looked back up at him.

"He wasn't hurt. He was just upset.." He said, I nodded a bit, we just kept looking at each other, still holding hands. He leaned down slightly and rested his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and my heart skipped a beat. He closed his eyes too and we just stayed like this for a while. I was so glad he was okay, i'm glad that he was safe and he was home.  He could have died in that cave.. I could have easily lost him. I moved my head up slightly and felt our noses brush against each other. My heart was racing, it really was. It felt like it was gonna burst our of my chest. He moved his head a bit too, leaning in. I leaned in a bit more too and before i knew it i felt his lips on mine.

I felt butterflies in my stomach despite what was going on. It was a soft little kiss no longer than 4 seconds but we both got the message. We pulled away and looked at each other, i swallowed the lump in my throat. "Y-you could've died.." I said, my voice shaking a bit. He nodded a bit, "I could've." He said softly and swallowed the lump in his throat too. I looked down a bit and pulled my hands away from him.

He looked at me and i hugged him. He hugged me back and i closed my eyes. He sighed a bit and just held me close to him. "Is this gonna make things awkward between us now.?" he asked. I smiled the slightest. "I like you.." i said softly as he held me. "I know." he said. I clicked my tongue and pulled away from him, looking at him. I giggled a bit and he smiled at my reaction. He shook his head and held my hands again. "I like you too.? I thought you knew that already." he chuckled. The door opened and we looked over to see Judith standing there. "Hey." i said. She looked at me and at Jackson, then our hands. We let go and i licked my lips running my hand through my hair. "Hi," She said looking at me.

"Um.. We're leaving," She said looking at me. I looked at Jackson then back at her, "Cmon," I said to her, Jackson followed us. "Are you okay?" She asked as we walked. I nodded, "Yeah, i just miss Daryl. I'm worried." I said. "He'll be okay. You told me stories of how he got through worse. Uncle Daryl probably okay." She said and held my hand. I held her hand back and gave her a soft smile, "I hope." I said. "He'll be back." She said.

~~~

Rosita was going to hilltop with the others who were going. RJ hopped of of the car/carriage and came to me. I hugged him and he hugged me back and i lifted him. "I love you buddy." I said kissing his cheek repeatedly making him laugh. I giggled and stopped, just held him. "I love you," he said and kissed my cheek too a couple of times. "Oh thank you," I whispered and set him down. "Why aren't you coming?" He asked. I shook my head, "I can't, i have to stay here." I said softly. "Are you coming later?" he asked. "I don't know babe, Maybe." i said. He nodded a bit and smiled. I picked him up again and got him in his seat again.

I hugged Judith and she hugged me back, "Be safe." I said. She nodded, "I will, i promise." She said. I nodded and kissed her head, She kissed my cheek. "What happened? Did you guys kiss? You look really happy." She whispered. I pulled away and looked at her with a small smile. "I wont tell. I promise." She said softly as she smile. "Yeah," i said softly. She smiled wider and hugged me again. I smiled too and held her. We pulled away and and looked at Rosita, "See you soon." She said and hugged me too. I hugged her back. "Be safe." I said and we pulled away.

A/N: Too soon?? Idk.. But yayyy there's their kiss.