27

~Aaliyah's Pov~

~Aaliyah's Pov~

We were still running, away from the camp. We stopped though, since Henry fell. "You alright?" Daryl asked. "This isn't the way back to Hilltop." Henry said. "Tara made a deal with them, We just broke it." I said looking at him. "We ain't goin' back to Hilltop." Daryl said as we hid. "He's right, there's too many of them. Alpha will destroy Hilltop to get me back now." Lydia said.

"Why didn't you tell us there were that many of 'em?!" Daryl asked looking at her. "You kept me locked in a cage. What'd you expect? I wasn't gonna betray my own people." Lydia said looking up at him. "Maybe you should go back to 'em." Daryl said angry as he looked at her. "No." i said looking at him. "Her bein' here with us is bringing us a hell of a lot more trouble!" Daryl yelled looking at me.

"W-" He cut me off. "Nah- People die if we bring 'er with us. If we do that blood'll be on your hands. You hear me?!" he asked looking at me. I kept looking at me as my heart started racing. He looked back at Lydia.  "Henry didn't know what he was getting his ass into. But you sure all hell did." He said pointing at her.

"I thought i could go back. But i can't." Lydia said. I stood up. "You ain't coming with us." Daryl said. "She is." I said. "I told you she ain't. Get that through your damn head." He said putting his finger on the side of my head. I smacked his arm away from my head. "Don't touch me." i said looking at him mad. "We could run." Henry said. I looked over at him, he put a hand on Lydia's arm. "Me and her, You guys could go back. We keep running. They can't blame Hilltop if we just disappear. Let me fix this." Henry said looking at us. "What about your mom? Huh? What are we supposed to tell her?" I asked looking at him, shaking my head. 

"You can't run, even if you do. Where are you gonna go? they're out there and i'm sure they'll find you quicker than you think. Runnin's not an option here." I said shaking my head. I walked away from Daryl and went to Connie. "Let's go. We can't stop." i said. She got up too and she followed me along with Henry and Lydia. We walked and looked around. She pointed in another direction and Daryl faced the other. "Cmon." I said. I wasn't listening to Daryl right now.

He pissed me off. "It's this way." He said. "Nope. Cmon Dog you're mine right now." I said. Dog followed us as we walked. "Nah- No. Dog!" He called out. Once he see that we weren't turning back he came to us.

~Morning~

We spent all night making our way away from them. We came across these buildings, We were away from the woods so at least there's that. Connie signaled us to go up to one of the tallest buildings we saw at the moment. "Take the higher ground. Yeah." Daryl said. She pulled her note pad.

Choke Point

"Good idea. Cmon." Daryl said. We walked again, towards that building. "I don't understand." Henry said. "We'll be able to see them from up there when they show up." I said as we walked. "They need walkers to protect themselves. They come in groups. So we go up, some place the walkers cant go. We separate the living from the dead." Daryl said as we walked.

"We go up there we're trapped." Lydia said as she stopped walking. We stopped too and looked at her. "Alpha's not gonna send an army because she doesn't have to. She'll send Beta." She said. Betas in packs are second in command, which means he's one of the best in the whole group.

"I'm sick of runnin'. Beta, he's their best?" Daryl asked. She nodded looking at him. "Good, i'll kill him first. Cmon." Daryl said as we went towards the back entrance of the building. We went inside, this building was under construction and checked out the place. I came up with Connie and checked out the place on the top floor. I checked through the window, peaking through a small tear on one tarps.

There was a tap on my shoulder, "Here." I looked over to Daryl. I saw him holding out a water bottle. I looked at it then back at him. "Just take the damn water. You can still be pissed at me." He said putting it down in front of of me and walking away. He started talking to Connie i took the water and drank it. He looked over to see me drinking and looked back at the note Connie was writing for him.

~~

We made a plan and i pulled my silencer out of a small bag i had on me, I also pulled out the extra clip of rounds i had and put them in my back pocket. "If you need to shoot. Go for his hands and legs. I'll take care of the rest." Daryl said looking at me. "I know," i said as i pulled my gun out, I had it tucked in between my jeans. I put on the silencer and checked the rounds. I only used it when i was with Rosita and Eugene. But i didn't finish the rounds. I only had around 4 bullets left, after that i wasn't gonna have any more. 

I looked at him and he looked up at me too. If Beta was one of their best, he might get hurt. I bit my lip slightly and looked back down at my gun. I was still kind of mad at him to be honest, because of what he said to me. He put a hand on my head and pushed it down down a bit. Kind of playing around. "Relax." he said then walked away. We ended up getting Lydia in one of the supply closets with Dog. All we had to do now was wait.