30

~Aaliyah's pov~

It was dark out now, We split up again once we found that one of the Hilltop's wagon was down and people were missing, we were thinking the people wearing masks did this. We were looking for them. The people in our group were Carol, Daryl, Michonne, Yumiko, Jackson and I. We were in the woods. "I don't know if there's a happy ending here." Carol said as we kept walking. I kept my eyes on the floor and i noticed there were foot prints on the floor. But they were all over the place. I took a step back and tilted my head slightly. "What is it?" Jackson asked shining the light at the floor. He stepped back too. I held my hand out and he handed me the flashlight. 

I shined the light around. "Why is the trail like that..?" I asked looking at the floor. Shining the light around. It was weird. It went different ways. "Like what.?" Jackson said looking down. "The trail, Goes off in three different ways. Don't make sense." Daryl said looking around too. I handed him the flashlight and he took it, shining the light at the footprints too. We started heard twigs snapping next to us. I pulled out my knife. "We should leave. I don't like this Daryl." I said. "Me neither. Cmon." Daryl said walking quickly past us. "Head back, let's go." He said pulling me. We saw walkers start to come closer and closer to us. Daryl let me go as he looked at the walkers heading towards us. "They're from Hilltop" Yumiko said as she and Daryl took down those walkers. "Watch their hands. They could be skins." Michonne said taking her Katana out.

They started coming to us and we started taking them down but more and more came. "Daryl." i said as i took down another one. "Back to the road. Cmon!" He called out and we started heading back towards the direction we came in, but more walkers came from there too. "Shit." i said backing away. "This way!" Michonne called out. We turned but we saw more walkers. I gasped a bit looking around, We were surrounded. "Back to back. We got this. No one break it." I said as i pulled Jackson's arm. We all formed a circle and we started taking out the walkers getting close to us with our knives.

After a while of us stabbing and taking down the walkers, it grew quiet. But only for a second. The walkers' bodies formed a circle around us, but then from the trees we see those people with masks came out. They whispered as they started approaching us. There were a lot of them. My heart started racing as i looked around seeing them form a circle around us. We were surrounded once again, I pulled out one of my throwing knives so i had two knives.

We saw them reach in their sleeves and they pulled out knives of their own, big knives. I heard a gun safely go off and I looked over to see one of them had a gun, it was a small one but he had a gun. The rest had knives. "Drop them." We head a voice. I looked over quickly to see Beta. He was alive, he survived. I gasped a bit looking at him in shock. I thought he was dead. He looked dead when we left him. "I wont ask twice." He said walking to us. I looked over to Daryl and i saw he was him looking over to him too. Daryl dropped his knives and so did i. Soon after the rest of the small group did too.

Beta made his way down to Daryl. "You just had to give me the girl. No one else had to die. Now that deal is done." Beta said in a raspy low voice. He was standing in front of Daryl. 

~~~

We were still in the woods, but we were moved somewhere else by these people. We were standing next to each other, Side by side but we were once again in a circle. "You ain't getting her back." Daryl said as Alpha walked up to us. I was standing next to him and Jackson. "You think this is about my daughter?" She asked looking at him. I kept looking at her. "I ran into some trouble on the road. It was unavoidable.. Do you like my new camp? My people like to keep moving. Keep roaming." She said looking at him.

"We granted Lydia asylum." I said looking at her. Alpha looked over to me. "Any attempt to take her by force will result in retaliation." Michonne said looking at her. Our hands were tied together behind out backs. "What's your name?" She asked looking at her. "Michonne." She said looking at Alpha. "Does she speak for you?" She asked looking at Daryl. "We speak for each other." Daryl said. She nodded a bit.

"My daughter isn't a concern anymore. She was weak. She never lived up to expectations." She said looking at her people. "Was.? The hell's that supposed to mean.?" Daryl asked. "To be clear.." She said pulling out a shotgun. I looked at it and my heart stopped as she pointed the gun at Daryl's stomach. "..Your group is in no position to threaten me. That is a habit that needs to be broken." She said looking down, then back at him.

"Come with me. Just you." She said. "No." i said looking at her. She moved the gun, signaling Daryl to move. "Daryl-" i said and moved over to him. "Don't.!" he said angrily and Alpha looked over to me. "Don't." Daryl repeated as he looked at me. Tears welled up in my eyes as i looked at him. "I'm serious. Don't." he said looking me in the eyes. I shook my head a bit. "Don't move." He said and walked away from all of us. He looked at me and gave me a small nod. "No." I whispered. He looked away and kept walking. Alpha was right behind him, pointing the gun to his back.

~~~

Morning came and they ended up cutting us lose, But they told us to to stay here. They said that Daryl would meet us back here but we had to wait. So we did, We waited for my brother but now the sun came up and he still wasn't here. It's seems like it's been hours. I ran my hand through my hair. "I'm going." I said shaking my head as i stood up. "No." Jackson said. "You can't go." Carol said. "What if she hurt him!?" I asked looking at her. I shook my head. "I need my brother. I'm going." i said looking at her. "They said he'd he here, Let's just wait a few more minutes. I'm sure he's fine." Yumiko said. I shook my head. "He should have been here by now." i said looking at her with tears in my eyes.

"Look- we don't know where she took him. Even if we do go looking for him where would we start.?" Michonne asked. "I don't know." i said looking at her. "Few more minutes alright? She's right, Daryl knows how to take care of himself." Michonne said. I ran my hand through my hair. "I can't." I said walking away. "Aaliyah," Carol and Michonne said calling out to me. "Hey- Wait. Just wait.?" Jackson said stepping in front of me. "Few more minutes. If he doesn't show up i'll help you look for him. Alright?" He asked looking at me, shaking his head a bit. "Just a few more minutes. I promise." He said putting his hand on his chest. I looked him in the eyes.

"o-okay." i said as my voice shook. "Alright." He said softly. I saw something move behind him and i looked over to see Daryl coming up the hill. I rushed by Jackson and i ran to Daryl. He looked at me and extended his arm towards me. I hugged him and he hugged me back, taking a step back. Just holding me. I closed my eyes and caught my breath against his shoulder. When it comes to Daryl, i tend to overthink things and he knows it.

At this point i really do feel like he's the only person i have left in this. I don't know why, even when i'm surrounded by people like Michonne or Carol, people i've known for years i don't feel the same. Daryl and i had a strong bond and i fear every time he gets taken from me that it would be the last time i would see him. "I'm alright." he said rubbing my shoulder and looking up to see Carol and the rest coming to us.

He patted my shoulder and we pulled away. I looked at him and a tear fell. "Relax." he said wiping it away and putting a hand on the side of my head. He looked at Carol and she handed him his bow. They hugged and we kept moving. I fell behind while Daryl was talking to Carol. "You okay.?" I looked over to see Jackson. I gave him a small nod, "Yeah. I was just worried.." I said as i looked over at Daryl. 

He looked over feeling my eyes on him. He looked at me, then to Jackson then back to me. He gave me the smallest nod and i returned it, he looked forward. "He's not all you have left." He said. I looked over to him. He shrugged and shook his head as he looked at me. "Clearly he's not." He said.

A/N: PIKE SCENE COMING IN A FEW MINUTES!