13

I hope you guys had a good day! Remember to smile, it can make someone's day :) ❤️

~Aaliyah's Pov~

We ended up getting a wagon, a plow and a few other things. Ken, one of the kids that came along with us got bit and he died. He was trying to save a horse that was stuck to the wagon, that's how her got bit. A few of us headed back to Hilltop while the rest went to the Sanctuary and delivered the supplies. We ended up having a funeral for Ken. It was getting late, Maggie took Hershel out for a little walk. I was about to head back inside but i heard a cry coming from Maggie's baby, bit it wasn't a fussy cry, it was like he was scared. I ran over and Enid ran too, she was out here. We caught up to the back and we saw Maggie and someone in a black hood fighting with her.

"Oh my god- Maggie!" Enid yelled. We ran to them and the person pushed Enid, she hit her head. I saw her eyes were closed. I pulled out my gun and hit the person right across the back of their head. The figure fell and i put my gun away. "Maggie." I said walking up to her. I reached out slightly. "I'm okay, Get Hershel." She said nodding. I went over to him and picked him up. "Shh," i said as i tried calming him down. Alden and Cyndie came over. "Go get Siddiq." I said looking at Cyndie. She took off and Alden flipped the guy over on his back, pulling the hoodie off of him to reveal Ken's dad. 

Maggie went to Enid on the floor. "I'm gonna go to Gregory. Wait here." Maggie said getting up and walking away. "What the hell happened.?" Alden asked. "He came after her." I said as i held Hershel in my arms. I shook my head. Cyndie came over with Siddiq and they took care of Enid. I waited for Maggie in her room and she finally came up. "Hey." i said looking at her, "Hey." She said coming over to me, She took Hershel. "Let me clean that up.." i said softly as i looked at the blood on her. She nodded and i headed back down to the medical trailer and grabbed the things i needed to clean up the cut on Maggie's face. 

"Is she okay?" i asked walking up to Siddiq. He nodded looking over to me. "Hit her head pretty hard, but there's no bleeding. She has a concussion, all she needs is rest. She'll be okay." He said nodding towards me. I nodded looking at Enid on the bed. "okay," i said softly then looked at him. "For Maggie?" he asked pointing at the supplies in my hands. "Yeah, he got her pretty good too. I'm pretty sure she'l gonna be bruised." i said. "Probably," he said. I nodded a bit. "I'll bring these back to you." I said. "Alright," he said. 

I walked back upstairs and in Maggie's room. I saw she was sitting on the bed, looking at Hershel. I closed the door behind me. "Did you hit your head..?" i asked softly as i put the materials on the nightstand next to her. "No," She said softly. I nodded, she put Hershel down on the bed and moved her hair out of the way, i cleaned up her cut. "Enid's gonna be okay, Siddiq said she has a concussion." I said. She nodded slightly. "I'm gonna get rid of Gregory." She said. "Get rid of? You mean kill him?" i asked. She nodded. "He's done too many wrongs. We've given him so many chances for him to turn around but he hasn't. It's time." She said. I got up and put the bloody cotton swabs and cotton balls in a plastic bag. 

I nodded, "okay," I said as i got up and grabbed her a new shirt. I held it out towards her. She was angry, i get it. But she's right, "All he's been causing is trouble, back to back." I said. She nodded. "It's time." She repeated. 

~The next day~

Rick, Daryl, Michonne came back to the Hilltop. They stayed here until dark, Maggie said she was actually going through with her plan on killing Gregory. It was going to be more brutal than i thought. She was going to hang him in front of everyone here to send a message. "She really doing this?" Cyndie asked. I nodded. "Yeah. I didn't think she'd actually do it like this. But she is." i said looking at her.

It was dark out and everyone gathered together, except the kids of course. Enid was awake and better, But she was in a wheelchair for now, with a blanket, she hit her head pretty hard. She just had to stay off her feet. Gregory was on a horse with a noose around his neck. The rope was tied up on a wooden pole from a new building that was being constructed, Ken's parents were here too, The man's hands were tied together. Maggie walked up to us. "I don't want to do this. But people need to understand that at Hilltop, The punishment fits the crime." She said looking at all of us.

She turned to Gregory. "Do you have any final words?" She asked. He looked at us scared. Gregory's hands were tied behind his back. "What you're doing isn't right." He said terrified. Looking at her. "Somebody stop this- Please." He said looking at the people that were standing and watching. "Killing me in the dead of night because you're ashamed." he said. "You're wrong. I'm not ashamed." she said and gave Daryl a nod. He walked towards Gregory and the horse. "Stop this! Please! For the love of god! Stop it!" He yelled.

Daryl went to the horse, "Stop this! Please! For the love of god! Stop this!" He yelled trying to get out of the ropes. She didn't need to do this like this.. I honestly didn't want to watch but i couldn't look away. "Maggie Stop!" Michonne yelled. Daryl hit the horse and it took off running. Gregory hung by the noose. I looked away closing my eyes. All we heard was him chocking, trying to breathe. "Get the children in bed." Maggie said looking at us. After a few seconds, The sounds that Gregory was making came to a stop. 

It was silent which meant he was finally dead. I opened my eyes but didn't look over, I kept looking at the floor. "I made this decision. But this not the beginning of something." She said speaking to the people. From my peripheral i saw Gregory's body dangling from the noose, going back and forth. "I don't want to go through it again." She said. It was silent for a few more seconds. "Cut him down." she said. I heard his body hit the floor and i walked away from everyone. 

She's changing.