5

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Before we actually reached the location where we were supposed to meet these people,  Rosita and I got out of the car and walked on foot, hiding in the woods and scouting them out. We saw 2 people so far but they were guarding the truck that's parked in the middle of the road. Maggie, Enid and Michonne finally arrived. They stepped out of the car with their weapons in hand. One of the women that were guarding the truck/van opened the door and a woman with short white hair came out.

"Just one? That's it?" I asked softly. "Yeah, guess so. Would have thought more people would be here." Rosita said looking around, Making sure that it was actually only the three women here. We looked around to see if we saw any more people in the woods but there wasn't. It was only those 3. They spoke for a while and we were finally coming out of hiding. "If you're out here, You know you can take care of yourselves and i like that. I don't care to share this with the weak." She said. Rosita and I moved closer to them, quietly. "Good." Maggie said as she saw us. We walked up to the 2 women and took the weapons, I walked up to Georgie. "None for me." She said.

I put away the gun i took from the woman and patted her down. She didn't have anything on her so i walked and stood a few feet away from Maggie. "Give us what you have." Maggie said pointing her gun at the Georgie. "I'm afraid i can't do that, I come baring knowledge to trade, Essential knowledge for the future. Primarily in my head. And i prefer to keep it where it is." She said. What could this woman possibly have to help us?

"You're trading knowledge.?" i asked not really believing her. "That's what i have." She said looking at me. I still had my gun pointed at her. "I've made the same offer before. Fill the crates. Get the knowledge. Simple as that. It's not a trick," She said looking at all of us now. "it's a fare trade. I promise," She said looking at Maggie. "It's an act of benevolence." a woman said. Enid dropped her guard a bit, But the rest of us didn't.

"Why would you do that?" Maggie asked. "What else should i do?" She asked. "Rosita." Maggie said. She looked at me and moved her head to the side. I went over to help her check out what they had in the van. "What's in there isn't part of the deal." The woman said. We checked out what was inside but there was nothing really in here that could be of any use to us.. Except the food but we can't have that unless we make the deal. "There is no deal." Maggie said. Rosita backed out and i closed the doors of the van. "how many communities have you found." Rosita said.

"Communities like yours? Not many at all. And not one for a very long time. What you have is special. Unusual. The dead ones have brought out the best and worst. And the worst has been out pacing the best lately. But that won't last forever. If perhaps people could believe in people again. Four crates of goods is worth far less than a sustainable future and perhaps an exercise in trust." Goergie said. She wasn't wrong, but she wasn't right either. Now a days you can't trust. It's not easy.

"Stop. This isn't real. No way anyone survives going around doing what you saying what you say you're doing." Enid said looking at them. "But we do. And we will. You are a fine group. Manners withstanding." Goergie said. Maggie finally made up her mind and we took them to the hilltop.

~Back at Hilltop~

Maggie went inside to the office, Michonne and i headed in after we saw Jerry leave. "We should make the deal and let them go before the saviors get here." Michonne said. "I can't let her go. Not with what they have. I've got too many mouths to feed. They have crates of food in that van. People here could be starving soon." Maggie said. "Maggie's right. We take their stuff. Otherwise someone else will." We looked over to see Enid. "Someone else will kill them. It's a miracle they're still alive anyways." she said and walked to Michonne.

"The saviors are on their way. We're gonna fight. And some of us will die. So why should we give a shit about people who don't give a shit about themselves. I mean out there living like that?! We take their stuff. And we use it. We stop pretending that things work out. They don't." Enid said. "Carl and Aaliyah saved Siddiq and now we have a doctor. And we have a friend." Michonne said taking Enid's gun.

"Carl was brave. Although i didn't agree with him on this. But he was." I said. She looked at me angry and confused. "And now he's dead." She said looking at me. She walked so she was right in front of me, "Yeah, he is.  Carl is dead. My boyfriend is dead so calm your ass down and be grateful for what he did." I said standing in front of her. I was angry, mad at her. "And stop acting like you knew him because you knew nothing about him. Stop pretending and take a damn step back." I said looking her dead in the eyes. She took a step back and looked at me. After a few seconds she walked away and left the room. Heading outside.

I stayed standing and after a few minutes of me processing how I kinda snapped. I called him my boyfriend, it slipped out but i don't think i'll be use to calling him my 'husband'.  I walked out of the room and sat on the stairs in this place. After a while, Maggie and Michonne came out. Maggie walked out with a crate. "wait." i said. She stopped. I took the crate from her and placed it on the small table. I took some records out and took the box. Not wanting her to carry it.

We went outside and we spoke. Made the deal and she gave us a book. Inside were plans for building things that we can use and they'll be helpful to us in the future.