23

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I opened my eyes and looked around to see that the bed next to me was empty, Daryl left. I looked over again to see that Eugene was sleeping. I sat up and pulled out the IV from my arm, I saw a small red bead appeared from where the needle was. I wiped the small drop of blood away and sat on the edge of the bed and saw my shoes on the floor. I reached out and started putting them on. But i noticed that my hand looked- i felt like it looked naked. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at my other hand. I didn't have my ring on. My heart stopped and i looked up and over to the nightstand to see if it was there but it wasn't. I opened the small drawer but it wasn't there either. I shook my head and got up to headed outside but i was blinded by the sun, It was like everything was  pure white for a second. I closed my eyes and looked away. "Hey- hey what are you doing up?" I heard Enid and i felt her hands on me, she nudged me back inside and i opened my eyes.  "My ring- my ring. Was it in my pockets?" i said as my voice shook.

She shook her hands. "No, there was nothing in them. "Where is it?" I asked looking at her. "I don't know-" She said shaking her head. I didn't drop it. I couldn't have. I shook my head. "I'll help you look." She said and helped me look in here but we didn't find it. "Hey." We looked over to see Daryl. "I think- i think i dropped my ring." I said not looking at him. I closed my eyes. "I think i dropped it." i said sitting back down on the bed. "Nah." He said coming to me. I opened my eyes and up at him and he reached in his pocket. "I mean- you did. When i was helpin' you on the horse. I grabbed it." He said holding it out to me. I felt relieved when i saw it.

I took it and put it back on my finger. "Thank you." I said softly and looked at him. He nodded biting the inside of his cheek. "Mhm." he said nodding. "She can go outside, fresh air will make you feel good." Enid said. I looked back at her and she nodded. "Alright, cmon." Daryl said and stepped outside. I followed him too. "How long have i been out..?" I asked kinda confused. " 'bout a day." he said. I nodded a bit as we walked. I felt his eyes on me, i looked over to see him looking at me. "You feelin' okay?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said softly and looked forward. "Yeah?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. 

We walked further away. "Jesus..?" I asked looking at him. "Buried him." He said looking at me. I nodded a bit and looked around. "Let's get you some water." He said and we walked over to get some water. He gave me a cup of and i drank it as i sat down. He sat down next to me but i didn't look at him. "That girl, what happened to her?" i asked looking at him. He looked at me. "She's down there in a cell with Henry. He's getting information out of 'er." He said nodding. I nodded a bit. "Is it working?" i asked looking away from him.

"With him, yeah." he said. "You tried?" i asked softly. "Yeah." He said tapping the cup of water. I drank more water. "Didn't work." he said. I nodded a bit. "You sure you feelin' alright? Scared me back there." he said looking at me. I nodded. "Headache. But i'm okay." I said looking down at the ring. He nodded. "Go get something for it." He said. I nodded. "I will, i wanna see my horse first." I said. "You and that damn horse." he mumbled. "What.?" I said leaving the cup on the table. We started making our way over to the horse stables. 

"Are you okay?" i asked looking at him as we walked. He looked at me. "Yeah. Worried 'bout you." He said, I nodded a bit. "I know, I'm alright." i said as we reached the horse stables. "They put 'er in the back." He said. I gasped. "Why??" i asked as i went over to it. " 'cause she don't let people get close." He said. I shook my head and we reached her. She started freaking out. I saw she had  her halter on and she was tied up with two ropes. I shook my head. "What the hell." i said angry at why they had her tied up like this. 

She was just freaking out, she didn't recognize me

She was just freaking out, she didn't recognize me. "Hey! hey." i said holding my hand out towards her. She kept on jumping a bit and snorting trying to get out of the ropes and the halter. I opened the door. "The hell are you doing." Daryl said grabbing me. "it's fine- she just needs to remember." I said as i pulled away. "Relax baby," i said looking at her, I opened the gate and  stood inside, holding  my hands out towards her. "Forget about me already.?" i asked as she calmed down the slightest. 

"Hurting my feelings." I mumbled as she looked at me. I slowly walked up to her. "There you go," i said softly as she smelled my hand. She pressed her nose against it and i smiled. "Hi." i said petting her, i smiled looking at her and took the ropes off her along with the halter, i placed it down. "That better?" i asked petting her completely. "Hm?" i asked kissing her cheek. They wen't taking care of her, she wasn't shiny, i could tell they weren't brushing her down. 

I shook my head sighing a bit. "I'll take care of you, don't worry." i said. "I'll go get you something for your headaches. Leave you alone with your best friend." He said looking at Raven (The horse). I felt a nudge on my back. "Okay," i said turning to her. "She missed me." I said petting her. "Mmm." he said and walked away. I started brushing her down. She really doesn't like people, so they can't get close to her. Which means they cant take care of her. 

I smiled and kissed her nose again. "I missed you." I said petting her.