39

~Aaliyah's Pov~Morning~

I woke up and looked at the clock on the wall to see it was 8am, sharp. I got dressed and went downstairs. "Finally." I looked over to see Daryl eating. "Mm." i said giving him an annoyed look. I grabbed some food and sat down. I started eating too, I slept all day yesterday, i was really tired after killing all those walkers. I'm sure i wasn't the only one that slept all day yesterday. "You good.?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said not looking at him. "I was tired." i said eating. "I know. You and your boyfriend." he mumbled. I closed my eyes. "I wish i could just sleep forever." i said.

He scoffed a bit. "..Are you still mad at me?" i asked. "..Nah.." he said. We didn't look at each other, I pocked the food in my plate. Why was he still mad at me.?? I shook my head a bit, kind of getting fed up that he cant get over it. "Liar." i said. I put the fork down and sighed. I got up, brushed my teeth in the bathroom we had downstairs and headed out. "Hi!" i see Judith on her bike with RJ. "Hi babies." i said walking down to them. "Hey buddy," i smiled putting my hand in RJ's head. I took the hat off Judith and put it on my head. "Where's you're momma?" i asked fixing my hair. "She with Carol," she said as we walked. "Mm." i said. I heard a whistle and we looked forward to see Jackson and his guys. "Hey." Jackson said coming to me. His guys walked away. "Hi Jackson," Judith and RJ said.  "Hey." he said smiling at them. He looked at me too and smiled. I returned it, "Let's go find mom RJ. I'll race you!" Judith said.

I took the hat off my head and put it on her. "Can you come over later?" She asked. I nodded. " 'Course." i said. She and RJ took off. I looked back at Jackson. "Hi." i giggled. "Hey." he said. "Did you hear what happened at the boarder.?" I asked. "No, why? Did you?" He asked. I shook my head, shrugging a bit, "No, i was hoping you'd tell me." I said. "Ask your brother. He was there." he said as we walked away from my house. "I would, except he's mat at me." I said. His tongue clicked. "He's still mad at you.?" He asked. I nodded. "I think so, yeah." I said shaking my head a bit.

"You think?" he asked. I shrugged, "I don't know." I said shaking my head. "Well, i do know that we're going to Hilltop later." He said. I nodded. "Mhm," I said and looked at him. "Have you eaten? I'm hungry. I left because i was upset." I said looking at him. "I haven't, i can- make something if you really want." He said. "I'm hungry, so yes please." I said smiling at him. He smiled at me. "Alright, let's go. Because, i don't want you snapping at me when we're on our way." He said. I gasped looking at him. "What? You know i'm right." He said. 

"No." I said smiling a little. "Whatever, you know i am. You're smiling." He said. "Shut up." I said, He laughed a bit making me laugh too as we went to his place. He started cooking something up and i smiled looking at him cook. "He cooks." i said. He looked back at me. "Of course i do. Who do you think i am.?" He asked. I shrugged as he looked back down to the food he was preparing. "Who taught you how to cook.?" I asked. "My girlfriend, at the time." He said. I nodded a bit, "Mm," i said softly. "Can you cook.?" He asked. "I can, when i have to. But my brother usually does the cooking too." I said.

"Is there a reason? Is your cooking bad?" he asked. I smiled a bit. "No, he just likes cooking." I said. "Come here, try this." he said. I got up and walked over to him. He held out a spoon towards me with some food on it. I blew on it and took the food. I narrowed my eyes a bit, giving him a kinda disgusted look. "Stop." he said. I giggled a bit covering my mouth. He laughed a little looking down at the food. "It's good," I giggled looking at him. "I know my cooking." He said. I smiled, "ohh i love a man with confidence in his cooking skills." I said narrowing my eyes at him. "Good to know i have a chance. Get a plate." he said with a smile. I grabbed two plates and placed them down. 

~~~

We ate, and now we were getting ready to go to Hilltop, We were taking Siddiq since there was an accident. A tree fell and hurt a lot of people. We were heading over to get the horses. "Oh you really are coming." I said as we walked to the stables. "I told you i was." He said. "I thought you were lying." I said. "Nope." he said as he saddled up one of the horses. My horse, Raven snorted at Jackson and backed away, "Oh relax." I said petting her snout. I looked at Jackson. "If i learned to tolerate this annoying man," I said kissing her cheek. Jackson looked over to me, smirking. "You will too. But he will get on your nerves so, be ready for that." I said looking at Raven, She nudged her snout on the side of my face. 

I laughed a bit and so did Jackson. We saddled up the horses. "Why are you really coming.?" I asked looking at him. "I don't know, I guess i'm just a sucker for a pretty face." He said. I smiled. "Aww," I said and patted my horse. "He thinks you're pretty baby." I said kissing Raven's cheek again as we lead them outside. Jackson had his horse and he was leading Siddiq's horse too. He laughed, "Why can't you take my compliments." He said smiling. "Oh i am, there's a special place in my heart for them." I said as we went towards the gate. "I'm starting to like your quirky comments." I said getting on my horse. "Oh yeah.?" he asked smiling at me, "Mhm. They make my day. I'm looking forward for them from now on." I said getting on my horse. He shook his head smiling.

Siddiq was waiting for us, once we got there, we got on the horses. "You wanna ride off into the sunset too? Let's run away together," I said as he got on his horse. "Hey, i'm all about the fairy tale baby." He said. I shook my head smiling. I looked at Michonne and saw she was already smiling at me. "I'm gonna puke." I looked over to see Daryl pushing his bike then getting on it. Be careful out there." she said. "Yeah," Daryl said. "Mhm," I said "Yes ma'am." Jackson said as we made our way out the gates.