14

~Aaliyah's Pov~

~Aaliyah's Pov~

It's been a few days, a little over month. We were with Rick at this camp that we had out in the woods. We were rebuilding the bridge. Siddiq was here too, he was teaching Enid and I about nursing. I knew a bit more than Enid if i'm being honest, Daryl taught me everything i know, but i was learning new things. Right now, I was with Cyndie earlier she ended up cutting her hand. I was stitching her hand up. Rick and Eugene came up to us. "Hey." Rick said putting a hand on my back and looking at Cyndie's hand.

"What happened?" Rick asked taking his hand off my back. "Yeah, what happened?" I asked acting clueless to Cyndie. She looked at me annoyed. I smiled a bit and looked back down. "I was cutting potatoes and i cut myself." She said. "You're lucky it's not infected." Siddiq said looking at Enid. "How're our star students doing?" Rick asked.

"Ready to take on anything." Siddiq said. I smiled a but. "Hm." Rick smiled a bit looking at me. "They're gonna get a chance. I'd like you to head back home. There's a bug going around." Rick said. "Okay. I'll head out with the next escort." He said. "Wait- he's leaving?" Enid asked freaking out. "Relax. We'll be fine." I said looking at her.

"We got this Rick." I said looking at him. "I know." he said nodding and walking away. I wrapped her hand up. 

~Later on that same day~

Enid and I were inside the tent when we heard screaming. "Hey!" We heard Daryl call out. We ran out and saw him holding Aaron. "Aaron-" i said and wan to them. Enid did too. "What happened?!" I asked as we took him in the tent. "Herd blew threw. A log fell on his arm." Daryl said catching his breath and Aaron groaned.

He was pale and sweaty. "Was anyone bit or scratched." Enid asked as we reached the bed. "No." Daryl said setting him down. "Where's Siddiq." Daryl said looking at me. "He went to Alexandria. Rick said there was a bug going around." I said as Enid grabbed a tray. "It's just us." Enid said as I took off the flannel wrapped around his arm.

We looked at it. It was obviously broken and he was loosing a lot of blood. Enid and i stayed silent and looked at each other. "We have to amputate." She said rushing to get the things that we needed. "No." 'What?" Daryl and i said. "There ain't no other way?!" Daryl asked.

"The only way to stop the bleeding is to amputate and cauterize the wound." Enid said getting the book. I looked at Daryl. "There is no other way.?" He asked. "I can't think of anything else to do.-" I got closer to him. "-Look at his arm Daryl. His blood is black. We don't have anything to help him. We need to stop the bleeding." I said looking at him. He groaned looking at Aaron. I grabbed a belt to use as a tourniquet. I tied it up as right as i could to stop the bleeding. I went to the other side of the bed and held his arm down. "I'm sorry." I said looking at him. He looked at his arm. "You guys can't give him anything for the pain.?" Daryl asked. "Even if we did, They take some time to kick in. We have to do it now." I said looking at him.

"Sorry man." Daryl said. "Both of you hold him down." She said. She said looking at the book. She grabbed a knife and looked at it in shock. "Enid." I said looking her. She didn't budge. "Enid!" I called out louder. She looked up at me terrified. "If you cant give it to me. Think fast we have to do this now." I said looking at her as my voice shook. "You can do it. Do it." Aaron said. She looked at me and i nodded. "Today Enid." i said looking her in the eyes. She looked down and started amputating.Daryl and i held him down. Aaron passed out from the pain and blood loss. "Come here. Hold this." Daryl said looking at me. I let go of his arm and went over to Daryl's side, I held on to the belt tight so he wouldn't lose any more blood. Daryl walked out of the tent. After she cut his arm, i ended up cleaning it, cauterizing it and wrapping up the stump he now had for an arm.

I sat down and looked at my hands. Covered in his blood. I looked at Enid. "We did it." She said. I nodded looking at raising an eyebrow. "Yeah we did." I said surprised at myself. Pretty sure she was surprised in herself too. "Hell of a first day." I said. She nodded exhaling a breath. "Yeah.." She said looking at Aaron. I nodded and looked at her. "I'm gonna go wash my hands." I said looking down at them. She nodded. She already washed her hands as soon as she was done with her part.

"Watch his temperature." I said grabbing a rag. She nodded. "Yeah," she said. I walked to the back of the camp so i could wash my hands. I got some water that wasn't drinkable and soaked my hands. As soon as my hands hit the water, it started fogging up. Turning red with Aaron's blood. I rubbed them together and tried taking the blood off. "Hey." I looked up to see Daryl. "Hey." i said looking back down hesitantly. I pulled my hands out of the water and grabbed the rag. Rubbing it against my hands. 

"You good.?" I heard Daryl asked once he finally reached me. I nodded. "Yeah. Aaron's gonna be okay. I stopped the bleeding, and took care of it.." I said not looking at him. I sat down on a log and kept rubbing my hands. Wanting the blood to come off. I dipped my hand in the water again. Daryl grabbed the rag and sat down. "Mm." he said holding out his hand. I held out my hand to him and he started helping me take the blood off my right hand first. I looked at him and saw he had some blood on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly. 

I moved his shirt out of the way slightly, trying to see if he was the one bleeding or it wasn't his blood. "Stop." he said moving his arm back. I stopped and moved my hand away. "Are you bleeding?" i asked softly. He shook his head. "It's ain't mine. I'll clean it up in a bit." He said not looking at me. I kept looking and he finally looked at me slowing down his actions. I looked at him too. "I said stop. I'm fine." He said and looked down to my hand again. "Stop lookin'." he said and put his free hand over my eyes. 

He knew it's been a tough day for me, and i knew he was trying to make me feel better. I moved my head a bit but he moved his hand, following my movement. He kept my eyes covered. I giggled. "okay- okay.." i said. He uncovered my eyes and i saw he had a small smile on his face. "Hm." He said. and checked my hand. He took my hand and started working on my left hand, taking the blood off.