Chapter Twenty Two

Akio
"I have an idea of where they might be." Sosuke said before he placed a map on my table.

"His in Oshika." Sosuke said before I looked at Sosuke in confusion.

"How did you know?" I asked before he brought a photograph of him and Mahiro.

"Mahiro was my friend before he became my colleague. He said when he was younger, he had a home in the temple of Momoshika. His smart so his definitely not in the capital and if we're not coming to him, he'll come for us." Sosuke explained before I looked at the picture properly.

Sosuke and Mahiro were outside a large temple. They were in casual outfits with a mischievous grin on Mahiro's face and Sosuke looking so serious as ever.

"Prepare the troops, we leave by dusk." I ordered before Sosuke bowed and walked out to prepare the troop.

I'm coming for you Minoru.

I come into my mother's quarters to discuss my discoveries with her. Before I could fight Mahiro who I grew up with, I had to find out the source of his hatred from the one who was aware or rather, the cause of it.

"Mother." I said as she sat up from her bed and then hugged me.

I sat on a chair placed to her bedside before I held her hand and looked into her eyes.

"Mother I have come to find out the truth. Tell me everything that happened before I was born." I demand patiently before her smile fell and then she looked at our hands.

"Forgive me for my sins." She started before she pulled her hands away from mine.

"Your father always wanted a son but I couldn't bear one so his court got him many concubines to fulfill that role. He had seven sons from five different women before you came to me.

By right you were the crown prince but being born last had its disadvantages so I decided to take matters into my own hand and then I told an admirer who was willing to do anything for me. He... he poisoned all of them except one whose mother took them and fled. I bear the guilt in a way." She narrated before she held my hands.

"I understand." I said before I stood up and then headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Mother asked before I turned back and looked at her.

"To go and rescue my bride." I responded before I left.

Minoru
Something was wrong. I could feel it within myself. The temple was also trembling and I could hear the whispers coming from the souls in the wall.

The door opened and Mahiro had a pleasant smile on his face. "Your love is here, let's go greet them." He said with a grin on his face.

"What are you planning to do?" I asked as I clenched my fist.

"Start a new era, a new dynasty with I as the emperor and you as my bride. Clever isn't it?"

I didn't respond before he quickly moved to me like smoke and then placed his hand on my chin and pulled me close from my hip.

"I can't have you watch Akio die, so let me borrow a bit." He said before he released his hand from my chin and bit down on my neck.

This bite wasn't as painful as the first, more like a sting before he slowly started to suck blood from me. I was getting drowsy and weak before I passed out on him.

Akio
My army was already in front of the temple. We had circulated around it and my men were waiting for my command.

I knew of the great power I possessed and I knew how I was going to use it. To protect Minoru and my family.