Chapter Eleven

Minoru
I didn't eat the next day, I couldn't face Akio so I just decided to spend time where I wouldn't be disturbed. I walked up to the stables where I relaxed on the hay pile. No one was there so I admired the horses from where I sat.

I then closed my eyes and started to sing a song about winter. I stopped when I heard someone bump something. I turned to see Sosuke who rubbed his forehead and then he looked at me. He seemed surprised at first and I just laughed then he walked up here.

"You should watch where your going, you wouldn't wanna lose your head next time." I teased him making him to cough in embarrassment.

"Was that you singing?" He asked then I smiled and just nodded. "You have a really beautiful voice."

I looked at him and then stood up. I had him to bend down then I placed my forehead on him making him to blush a little.

"Are you sure you don't have a fever because your complimenting?" I asked then removed my forehead from him making him to to cough.

"I don't hate you. I just feel that social standing matters in terms of marriage." Sosuke informed me as I nodded.

"Well I don't agree. It's true that background is important but what defines a person is their heart not their background. What matters to me is the person's heart and intentions for you." I explained then I stood up and walked to the door.

"Your a good person Sosuke for looking out for your friend. I really admire that." I said finally then left him there.

Sosuke
I was surprised by his response. How could just a common thief think of such a beautiful yet complex question. I had wanted to ask him about Akio since he wasn't himself this morning but then I ended up getting a response that made my view of the bandit but in a way, I realised he too was also a little different.

Akio
What have I done? I acted rashly and ended up hurting Minoru. He didn't even come for meal especially since he had a big appetite. I couldn't concentrate in my affairs and I knew my advisors noticed that I was having an off day.

I needed to apologize to Minoru but I had to do it on a very sincere way so that he would see how sorry I was. I'm so stupid for acting jealous, I just hope that Minoru could forgive me. I decided that I would use tonight and apologize for my mistake.

Minoru
It was close to midnight and I had decided to go away. I didn't want to stay no matter the consequences. I entered my room and then I saw a box with a note on the new table that had been set there. I walked up and took the paper and then read.

Dear Minoru,
I know this letter can't make up for my mistake but I hope you can forgive me. I was clearly in the wrong to do something like that. I wanted to talk to you in person but I couldn't face you so I just dropped this. Please accept my apology.

I then opened the box and saw some dumplings and sweets. I took the dumpling and bit and then I recognized the taste. Roka must have told him where he should buy the best dumplings. I was hungry so I just ate everything before I realized it was time.

I changed into some outfit that would match the shadows and went to meet Shunsuke. Shunsuke as he said was waiting for me and then he tried to hug me but I held my hand in front of me.

"I have something to say." I said then Shunsuke looked at me. "I can't go with you.

"Why?" He asked me then I inhaled a deep breath.

"Shunsuke I'm not meant for you. Please forget about me because somewhere out there, there is someone that is meant for you."

"But I want you."

"But my heart doesn't because I'm in love with the emperor. I'm so confused why I even like him but I want to stay by his side so that's why I'm saying that this is the last time we may meet. Tell Hoshi, Kenji and the rest how I'm doing, that I'm healthy and they feed me very well." I said with a sad smile.

"Minoru?"

"Goodbye Shunsuke. You were always a good brother." I said before I hugged him and then he sighed and accepted defeat.

I later returned to the palace after bidding goodbye and then went to Akio's library. I entered and saw he was sleeping on some books. I smiled and then sat beside him then I admired his face while I placed my head on the table.

I was so happy and light in my chest with my decision. I placed my hand on top of Akio's large hand and then I promised myself that I would always be by his side no matter what because I love him and always will.