Chapter Thirteen

Minoru
The week has been quiet and tensed up. I heard that the North side was planning on raging war against Hiryuu Kingdom. I wasn't worried about the war, I was worried that Akio had decided to go to war.

He was leaving today and when I requested to follow him, he refused and had me stay here and wait til he returns with the songs of his victory.

I watched as Akio and his men left the city gates and headed for the North to deal with the Rebels but my heart wasn't at peace with letting Akio go.

I went to visit Sakura who was busy so I then changed route and decided to visit Roka. Roka was having his class so I didn't want to disturb him but as I was about to leave, I paused when I saw concubine Misaki who had her face covered.

"Hey." I said cautiously as she raised her hands for her servants leave us.

"What is it?" She asked as she looked at me with suspicion.

"Just wanted to have a friendly chat. Anything wrong with it?" I asked and then her eyes glowed.

"No. I just find you really amusing. You should be careful consort Minoru, what you doing is dangerous. The palace is no place for an innocent soul." Misaki said before she walked away.

"What a strange woman." I said to myself before I left to look for something to do with my time.

Akio
Getting to the North was long and exhausting. We were in war and it seemed to affect the innocent people sharing borders with the North. It was painful how Suika kingdom was willing to risk the life of its people just for the satisfaction of power.

I had to leave Minoru just for a war I deemed useless and unnecessary. My army was good but I wasn't willing to risk their lives without knowing the strength of my opponent. I settled at base and there all my general's were waiting for me.

"Emperor Akio, welcome." General Jun welcomed me as I nodded and entered before all the people in the tenth bowed down in respect of their emperor.

I didn't bother dressing royal and wore my battle suit because Emperor Hiroki had decided to fight against Hiryuu Kingdom. A kingdom I have been protecting since I was given the throne.

"Rise. Give me the data about the war we're fighting." I instructed immediately as my generals nodded and then lead me to the strategy room.

I looked at the strategy they gave which was good but it had flaws that a wise man would obviously notice and I wasn't willing to given Emperor Hiroki any chance to win this war he stupidly started.

"If you give a head on attack, the archers will take advantage of it. It's true that our shield formation is strong but I want to reduce the amount of casualties. That is why we will throw them off guard by attracting them to the river." I explained as I shifted the battle dolls to appropriate positions.

"We will split into four groups. One to attract them to the river, one to defend our borders, one to hold the ones on the mountain and last a small group to infiltrate the city and have Hiroki captured." I said as I moved the dolls to where they were meant to be.

"That's a good strategy Emperor. But there's slightly a flaw." Sosuke pointed out and Mahiro pointed at the small town.

"Here is where we gather our food and water. If this war is to be prolonged then feeding 50000 soldiers will be difficult." Mahiro explained as I nodded.

"I agree that was why I had General Kiyoshi to handle the defense of the citizens there. As for who will lead the alliance in the city, I will have General Satoo take care." I informed them as everyone looked shocked.

"But shouldn't General Satoo lead in the battle in the mountains. His skilled and talented." General Kiyoshi argued but I shook my head.

"Hiroki is intelligent. He knows that if he loses, I'll simply come for him and demand his submission. If I even take a step into that city, he'll use it to his advantage and either attack me or flee. I can't risk him doing any of that." I explained and all of them were surprised by how I was able to analyze the situation.

"Tricking them won't be hard since I know Hiroki has about 120000 soldiers. His taking too much risk to ensure his victory but his number will be his demise." I continued before I started giving which section my Generals will take control.

"I and General Jun will handle the mountains." I said proudly and they all nodded.

I entered my tent then sat down to write a letter to Minoru. It was really exhausting and boring without his presence so I Dec to take time to write to him since he was worried about me going to war that he didn't talk to me or bid me goodbye.

When I was done, I had one of my messengers send it back to Hiryuu. I looked up at the stars and smiled because as long as I knew Minoru was waiting for me, I was willing to do anything and everything to ensure I come home.

The battle was today. After two weeks of effective planning. We had already disabled the troops to their positions after a well tough speech by General Jun.

General Jun and I headed to the mountains with a few of our men. We had the place ready with archers and beast that was a secret project. I was in the front row of battle as we saw our enemies approaching.

"For Hiryuu!" I shouted before all my men shouted along with me.

We ran on our horses towards our enemies but the first to lay an attack was the Niuwa Tigers which were dangerous and dwelled deep inside the forest.

It was with the help of my wife before she passed away that I was able to tame a few and breed them.

Unlike regular tigers, they were bigger, stronger and faster and could use light and fire magic. I took my sword and slashed men who stood in my way as the blood kept touching my skin, staining my armour.

The battle was fierce and hot but our hearts were bold and confident as we raged war on our enemy. As I fought, I thought of my promise to Minoru.

Don't die. Promise me you'll come back no matter what. His voice said in my head as I and my men cleared the battle floor.

We saw as the enemy started to retreat but something didn't feel right to me. Everything felt like a mess because this part was too easy.

I was about to call on General Jun when I noticed boulders falling from the top.

I ran quickly, pushing General Jun and then I watched as the boulders fell on me.

"Emperor!" General Jun's voice was the last thing I heard before I gave out.