Chapter Eighteen

Minoru
I haven't been able to seem Akio at all because of all this noise and excitement that he is alive and my coronation which I was looking for every chance to escape.

I wasn't a woman not to talk of belonging to the noble because of how I was raised even though noble blood was in my vein. I wasn't interested in etiquettes and I felt like I was rubbing one of these consorts a chance to be empress.

I sighed with a stick candy in my mouth while I supported my head with my hands. I finished the candy before I rested my head on the table and watched how the leaves fell.

"Aren't you excited to be empress?" Misaki asked as she took off her veil and placed on the table before she looked me in the eyes.

"Should I?" I asked before she giggled onto her hands and then touched my face.

"Your still the same." She whispered thinking I didn't hear what she said but I clearly did.

"Same?"

"It's nothing." She said as she watched the beautiful scenery before her.

I watched as how her blue eyes turned sad before she looked at me and gave me a happy smile but her eyes looked sad.

"Well it's not everyday everyone gets to be a queen. Enjoy it while it lasts." She said making me shocked before she stood up.

"What do you mean?" I asked but she stopped in her movement and put in her veil.

"It could mean anything you want it to, Minoru." She said with tension before she walked away.

I seriously don't understand how the palace life works. I sighed as I laid back down on the table and continued to watch the leaves fall to the ground.

"Akio!" I shouted when he hugged me from behind when I was gambling with a few guards who were doubting my luck.

They all stood in respect as Akio nozzled my neck making me to shiver and then push him away.

"Not in front of people." I whispered with a flushed cheek before clearing my throat and facing the guards.

"I'm definitely gonna win." I told them before I rolled my dices and then it both landed on one making me to jump in victory.

"Now give it to me." I said with a devilish grin as I greedily stretched my hand to the guard who sadly brought out his a small bag of gold and placed in my hand.

"Thank you boys!" I said forgetting Akio was here till he laughed before the guards dismissed themselves.

"What's so funny?" I asked and then he looked at me and shook his head like he found it amusing.

"Even when you have permission for the treasuries, you still prefer to earn your own money even by gambling. It makes it more evident I took a hoodlum for a wife."

"First, I'm a bandit or was, second, it was for fun and third, I'm a man."

"I won't argue but your still a boy who has done what men do. Sometimes it's like I don't want you to get bigger." Akio teased as he held my cheeks and kissed my lips.

"Stop." I said making me pout before looked away in embarrassment.

"I'm actually relieved." Akio said as he patted my hair softly.

"Why?" I asked before he sighed and looked at the ceiling.

"Sakura told me that you have been down lately. You didn't even come to see her after her wedding gift to you." Akio said making me look away.