Chapter Ten

Akio
I was glad that finally Minoru had started to open up to me. He was so cute with those flushed cheeks the day I kissed him before he ran away in embarrassment without looking back for a second.

I had talked with the imperial physician who said that Minoru had lost his memories and that the more I became familiar with him, the more he would slowly recall all those memories. I knew deep down that I hadn't told Minoru the whole truth but I didn't want him to hate me so I just decided to lay low in revealing the truth till I make him admit that he loves me.

I had gone to Sakura's quarters since she was one of my consorts that I found very dear to me. She had been my support ever since Nanase died. I sat down close to her as she played the zither not being aware of my presence. When she was done, I clapped making her to look at me then stand up and bow but I found no need for all these pleasantries.

"There's no need to be formal, your my consort." I said as she sat down. She offered me tea and then we sat down to talk.

"How is your health?" I asked as she gave me a happy smile.

"It is well. The imperial physician said that my body is healed."

"That's good to hear." I said then I took a drink from the tea. I noticed she was fiddling with the seams of her Kimono which meant she had something important to tell me.

"Your majesty now that I'm strong enough, please let me bear your son." She requested as she placed her head on the floor.

I looked at her in puzzlement and then I thought about it. The main reason I had women was to bear children for me and companionship was just a bonus. I knew that Roka needed more siblings since he always complained of loneliness but the only woman to ever warm my bed was Nanase because she thought me things about myself that I never knew and I only saw Sakura as a little sister. I sighed as I looked at her who still had her head down.

"Get up." I demanded and then she looked up and gently stood up. I helped her to the chair opposite me.

"Consort Sakura. When I need another heir, I'll come to you. Now is not the right moment." I explained making her look sad.

"Then when is?"

"After the issue with the Northerners is resolved then I'll require another heir. Right now, I'm satisfied with Roka and protecting him is my first priority." I informed her and then she nodded with understanding.

"Then please permit my father to assist you with the North. He is very good at handling them."

I thought about it. Sakura was the last daughter of an emperor from another far away kingdom very close to the North. I thought about it then I agreed.

I left her room to head to my studies when I heard my son running towards me. He hid behind me whenever he was avoiding going for his lessons. The maids stopped when they saw me and bowed their head in respect.

"Tell the teacher that he has the day off." I said as they bowed and left.

"Ro-chan why do always avoid your lessons?" I asked as he pouted his lips and looked away.

Roka looked a lot like me but he was as playful and an airhead like his mother. He was intelligent and creative but he always lost in his mind that he bumps into things and now that his close to Minoru his now mischievous and climbs trees a lot.

"Papa sorry." He apologized with that cute voice as I kneeled and patted his head.

"Let's go to the garden." I said then he excitedly ran to the garden.

When we got there, I paused to see my son confusingly looking at something. I walked there to see Minoru and someone who had his face blocked from my view so close to each other. I hugged Roka into my hands since he was too young to see things meant for adults. I watched as how the person held Minoru on his back as he kissed him. I was full of anger and jealousy that I just left, carrying Roka with me to his room.