Chapter Nine

It was almost two weeks of my house or she I say room arrest. Akio didn't punish Roka badly only made him to write a letter of apology which he rewrote everytime he made a mistake in the grammar or a cancellation. I was bored out of my mind because the only person who visited was just the maids who had to bring food. Even Akio didn't come to visit me.

Finally it was over and my bruise had healed without a mark. I was going to leave the room when Akio came in. He looked serious as I looked at him angrily at confining me like I was some animal.

"The Empress Dowager is coming to visit today and I expect you of all people to behave." Akio informed me as I looked away.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Can I go now?" I responded then I bolted out the door not even waiting for Akio to say anymore.

I went to Sakura's quarters then she smiled when she saw me.

"Minoru I heard you were under house arrest." Sakura informed me as she gave a concerned look.

"Yeah but I'm okay. Dumb Akio keeps bugging my life."

Sakura looked shocked on how casual I was calling the emperor. I didn't care about title which I told Akio so he didn't mind my crude use of language so far as I was careful with who I was speaking with.

"I apologize on behalf of his majesty if his wrong. I heard you weren't feeling well during the celebration?" She asked politely as she looked at me.

"I'm okay. Just was a little light headed. By the way have you seen Roka?"

"The crown prince. His usually shy and doesn't talk to anyone here but he might be in his quarters."

"I didn't term him to be shy, his quite daring." I replied making Sakura to laugh.

"I don't know but ever since I've met him, I've never heard him talk to me. Oh I just remembered, Empress Dowager is coming to view the new concubines. Have you seen them?"

"I heard she's coming. No I haven't seen the new concubines?"

"Three were selected and then there's one that is as breath taking as you but you surpass her in beauty in my eyes. She wears a veil though she revealed it yesterday." I now remembered the lady that passed me in the hall.

I was so lost in thoughts about her that I didn't notice Sakura calling out my name till she tapped me. I shook a little then looked at her.

"I don't know but I don't think she likes me very much." I responded softly making Sakura.

"Have you met her before?"

"No. But something her is scarily familiar." I shivered at the the thought of her.

Sakura and I were talking when a maid informed us of the empress dowager's appearance. We both looked at each other and then we went to the room where she was happily seated and talking with the senior eunuch.

Sakura and I stood side by side as all the other concubines came and then we bowed all together to the empress dowager. I was familiar with all these etiquettes while I was a slave and getting my master to like me was not a hard thing. All I needed to do was to compliment on what she mostly hinted for people to notice and give her beauty tips that work perfectly which I was a pro at doing.

Empress Dowager had a kind smile on her face as she looked at us one by one and from her expression, it seemed she had eyes on me. In a way she reminded me of Mage with that kind smile and a sassy aura.

"The blonde please come." She said as I bowed and came to her side. She stood up and then she hugged me before tears started to pour down her eyes which surprised me.

"Nanase it is so good to have you back. Praise be to the heavens." She said with sadness in her eyes which ended up surprising me.

Akio stepped in and then walked to his mother when he saw her embracing me. Akio pulled me to his side as his mother cleaned her tears.

"Son why didn't you tell me you have found Nanase?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Mother she isn't Nanase. She is my new consort." Akio explained.

"Stop joking. I know my Nanase when I see her. That is Roka's mother." She explained but Akio gave a soft expression.

"You know it has been five years. The dead don't come back to life until a thousand years mother." Akio explained before the empress dowager gave a sad face.

I looked at Akio who gave a sad expression at the mention of his late wife and then I felt bad. What if Akio didn't like me for me but because he saw me as Nanase. Why do I feel sad?

We had a brief meeting with the Empress Dowager who had been favouring me among the other women. I had gotten along easily with her since she reminded me more of Mage. She wasn't partial and gave the others attention and gifts but she was more attentive to me than her own son. I had even caused trouble a little and she had said that I was very interesting. She wanted to change my name when I told her it was Minoru which was fit for a boy which I am but after saying that someone important gave it to me, she accepted it as my identity.

I was so glad that I got to know the names of the other concubines which were Shinoa, Yukina and the one that hated me was Misaki. The other concubines didn't like me, it was obvious since I was stealing their spot to shine but it wasn't my fault. I was irresistible, I was like rice which always completed the meal and was tasty even on its own.

When the day was close to being over, empress dowager had me and Akio walk her to the carriage.

"Son come close."she signaled as I stood back where I was. She didn't realize that I had a very keen sense of hearing.

"Take care of her, she seems to be special. Though her personality is different from Nanase, I feel their hearts are the same." She whispered making Akio to look at me.

"I already know that. I love her with all my heart, if only she wasn't so stubborn." Akio responded making me to blush hard and cover my ears because I didn't want to listen to more of their conversation.

Empress dowager waved us bye as her carriage took her away. Akio looked at me whose face was red then he seemed to have guessed that I listened to their conversation. He then came closer as I avoided looking at him then he held my chin and then kissed me taking me by surprise.

The kiss was gentle but it made my body tingle as Akio held my waist pulling me closer. I should resist but something about this felt right. I just held onto his chest and let him kiss me as I closed my eyes feeling more of the kiss. Akio then pulled back and smiled as I covered my lips with the back of my hand with flushed cheeks.

Mysterious POV
How dare he kiss her? He has absolutely no right to do that. She belongs to me and me alone. Emperor Akio, I promise you that I'll kill you.

I remember when she first entered the palace she had been so beautiful with her golden hair and bold blue eyes that made her look like an angel. The palace wasn't the first place that I had met her but now that I have her here, it's only a matter of time before she'd finally be where she belongs. In my arms.