Chapter Twelve

Akio
I woke up the next morning to see Minoru beside me. At first I thought it was a dream and closed my eyes before I opened it again to see it was actually Minoru. I sat up and then realized that I was covered with a blanket.

Did he do this? I thought as I removed it from my body before I removed the hair on his face to see his was snoring softly. He looked like an angel with his look but unfortunately he wasn't as delicate as his appearance and had a knack for acting like a spoilt brat which meant the bandits really pampered him. All the same I found everything about him adorable and made for me.

If only he could like me back. I thought as I wrapped him in a blanket before I carried him out of the study to my bedroom. Entering my room was an honour for a harem of the emperor but to me, it was me completely surrendering my heart to you and the only person to ever sleep in my quarter was my late empress Nanase who in a way Minoru reminded me of except he was wild and childish and she was calm and brave. The most thing they had in common was the blue eyes and their love for nature, flute and healing.

I was happy that Minoru didn't leave after what happened yesterday because I knew very well that his friends were in the capital and that he had sneaked out to meet them. I would let him go if he never came back but I was surprised that he came back and stayed by my side.

I dropped him on my bed before I went to the chair to continue my calligraphy and paperwork. I stood up and changed before I went to the imperial court for a hearing.

Sosuke and Mahiro were all the way here to assist me in the issue and I was glad it wasn't something I could quickly come up with. The issue on labour to produce food was the main problem since most people in Tokha were into trade so I had them increase the wages and write decrees that people without jobs should help in production of food and will be paid accordingly.

After the meeting was done, I left back to the room to see Minoru sleepily rubbing his eyes. When he was done and looked at the door to see me, he stood up quickly and then yawned before he bowed his head to me which actually shocked me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as he gave me a puzzled look before he stretched his back.

"Bow? I was stretching, I feel like I slept on a rock which has been like forever." He responded before he sat back down.

"I shouldn't have hoped. I made the mistake." I said with a fake grief before I looked up at Minoru who had disheveled hair and then looked so enticing.

I coughed to distract myself because it would be dirty to think such a way of someone so young and simple minded not that it matters since your already capable for marriage either when you first bleed or when 15.

I walked up to him and then sat down by his side before he laid down and looked at me. I looked back at him and noticed he wanted to say something but held back.

"I'm sorry about last time. I hope I didn't hurt you." I apologized sincerely but then he looked at me and then he shook his head.

"I'm also that too. I'm your consort so I don't have any right to be with someone else." He responded making me a bit sad that he thought of it that way but I held myself from commenting.

"Are you hungry?" I asked knowing he hasn't eaten anything since yesterday.

"Thought you'd never ask. Let's go, I'm starving." He said as he quickly got up and was close to hitting the table before I quickly dragged him and pulled him back into the bed.

He fell under me as I stood on top and then I looked into his eyes to see it glowing like it did when we were kids before I then notice that his blushing up to his eyes and covered his mouth like he was afraid I heard something I wasn't suppose to.

I got off him to see he was still shy and then he stood up and didn't face me as he headed to the hall where we were to have breakfast. The other consorts were already seated and waiting for us. I saw Misaki who still covered her face for reason I don't know but I didn't mind since I've already seen her face.

I saw how Minoru stuffed his face like he hadn't eaten for weeks so I just took out some meat from mine and put it in his plate which made he smile and continue stuffing his face before I noticed that the others were looking at me.

After the meal, it was time for Minoru's lesson which I had a feeling he'd avoid since his teacher always complained that if his not skipping to run away and play in a tree then his sleeping in class. I sighed because I knew he was a handful but he was my handful and I love him with all my heart and soul.

I was about to head to where Sosuke is so we could do patrolling around the capital to know if we needed any improvement when I saw a messenger bird. It stopped at the window of my study then I took out the letter and read.

Long may you live Emperor Akio.
I am informing you that the Northerners are trying to breach the border to attack Hiryuu. It has been really bad and our supplies are low, most of our men injured and a few dead. I'm requesting for your assistance as soon as possible.
Just as you did before lead us to victory. We will await your response since the North have declared war against us.
General Jun.

I folded the paper then I sighed before I wrote back a response and tied it to the bird which ended up flying away. I left to see Mahiro and Sosuke talking before they paused and bowed to me in respect.

"We have a problem. The North have declared war against us." I informed them as they looked at me.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later." Mahiro commented as I nodded.

"What is your strategy?" Akio asked as I sighed and then looked at him.

"Sadly I think I'll fight in this war. The North have a lot of men and force but with my presence and strategy, it'll give the people of Hiryuu more courage to fight." I explained then they nodded.

"I think you should first send men to back them up before you ask other kingdom's who hate the North and are willing to fight with us." Sosuke suggested as Mahiro nodded in agreement.

"If you take a rush step into battle, it will put you at a disadvantage so send backup and then three days later we will join them at the battlefield." Mahiro added making me to nod in agreement.

I didn't like the feeling of war but there was wise saying that goes 'When you want peace you have to war but in times of war remember peace for its the course of your blood'.

"Send someone to the houses of all the imperial court members and demand that anyone they know that can help us on defeating the North should head to the borders to help our warriors." I instructed as they bowed and left to do my instructions.

Well if it's war the North wants, then it's war they shall get.