Chapter Fourteen

Minoru
I was sitting in Akio's study and having calligraphy lessons on my own when I heard noises coming from outside.

The door opened and I was surprised to see Sakura who had tear soaked eyes on her face making me shake my head in disbelief but she nodded in sadness.

We left the room to where we saw the other women part of the harem. They seemed to be crying except Misaki as I gathered to where Sosuke and Mahiro were standing.

"What is going on?" I asked Sosuke who kept an upset expression and was avoiding my eyes.

"I'm sorry Consort Minoru. The emperor fought strong and hard, we won the war but we lost the greatest battle. The battle of the last emperor standing." He responded before I shook my head.

"Akio can't die! He promised me he won't so I'm not going to cry, I'll just bring him back." I said as tears flowed gently to my chin while my knees buckled.

"Minoru I'm sorry." Sosuke said before I shook my head and started breathing hard.

"He isn't a liar. He isn't dead I swear." I felt my heart beating fast as colours started to flash before my eyes before I heard voices talking, calling my name before I fainted.

"Your not Nanase. You both are nothing alike but your resemblance is amazing. What's your name?" A boy with long red hair wearing royal robe asked a blonde girl who had dirt on her face.

"It's Nagisa, your highness. I'm sorry for deceiving you." She apologized as she got on her knees and bowed her head on the ground.

The boy bent down and raised the young girl up before he used a handkerchief and cleaned the little dirt on her face.

"Don't call me your majesty, call me Akio. Plus I'm not angry, I really think your cute." He said with a smile before the girl blushed turned crimson red from the compliment.

"I'm honored. Akio." She said with a smile before he patted her head and hugged her.

"You smell so wonderful, like peaches."

"My mother bathed in peaches since the day I was born till now. It has become my natural lure that was what she said." She responded before the prince smiled.

"I like it. Don't ever change it peaches. If you ever need to see me then come find me, I'll be happy to have you around."

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise." He said before they did a pinky promise and then laughed.

"Achan?" I said unsure before I sat up.

"Consort your okay, thank God." One of the servants said before I looked around in my room.

"Leave me." I commanded and they left after hesitating for some time.

I stood up after feeling a bit wobbly before I changed my outfit into something more appropriate for travel.

Akio wasn't dead that I was sure of. I don't know why but I felt I was connected to him in more ways than I could ever imagine so I sneaked out of the palace with no one noticing.

I took a ride out of the city on a merchant carriage and I was surprised that they hadn't noticed I was out of the palace or Hiryuu by now.

Four days I've been on the ride to Suika on a horse from one of the horses a kind man sold to me with free food and supplies to carry on my journey.

I arrived where they had the battle late in the night, avoiding the camp since I was aware they've sent notices to all military base to capture me alive and have me brought back to Hiryuu after a chase down in Tougo.