38.

James sat waiting in a small muggle cafe. It was quite cute and cozy and he wasn't surprised Cassie had suggested meeting there. Everything about the place screamed Cassie. There was a string of green and white lights along the walls, a candle at each table, and paintings decorating the walls. It was cute and had a homey feeling to it. The scent of coffee wafted through and filled James' nose entirely.

Cassie was just finishing up in line and was glancing around for where James had sat. Her eyes met his and she grinned widely. She hurried over to their seats as best as she could with coffees in hand. She handed James his and warned him it was hot. He took a sip anyways and let out a hiss as it burned his tongue. Meg shook her head at him, laughing.

"How's your day been so far?" Cassie asked as she blew on her coffee, before taking a sip herself. She didn't even wince as the heat met her tongue.

"Good. I've got some news." James leg was bouncing with excitement. Cassie smiled hesitantly and grabbed his hand.

"What is it? Is it about try outs?"

James nodded, causing Cassie to give his hand a squeeze and bite her lip. "Well go on then." She encouraged.

James smiled at her and took a deep breath. Cassie was looking at him in a way he couldn't describe and James wanted to lean in and kiss her forever, but he knew he had to tell her first. They could kiss a bunch afterwards, after all. Maybe not for forever though, they would need air eventually and they would need to get back to their actual lives.

James was mostly fond of their actual lives, although he could think of a couple complaints. Not getting to see Cassie 24/7 was at the top of that list. Cassie was finishing up her year at Hogwarts and was currently on Easter holiday. She was eagerly awaiting a reply from a couple different wizarding hospitals where she'd applied for internships.

James on the other hand had been training for quidditch and had just had try outs not too long ago. Meaning he hadn't gone back to finish his last year at Hogwarts, and more importantly meaning that he and Cassie were mostly long distance. Although they managed to meet up every Hogsmeade weekend, and many weekends that weren't too busy, they still missed each other greatly. Despite the fact that they constantly wrote each other and once a week one of them would floo their head to the other's fire place in order to see each other in person, or as in person as possible.

"I've gotten a couple offers from teams." James finally spits out.

"James that's amazing!" Cassie squeals and bounces a bit in her seat.

"The Kenmare Kestrels want me as a new beater. Initch just left to play for the Falcons, so I'd be playing with Hunter."

Cassie stood from the table and pulled James into an enthusiastic hug.

"Puddlemere also wants me, but I'd only be a reserve for them. But it's Puddlemere." James groaned and Cassie just smiled. She grabbed for both of his hands, holding them tightly.

"James you want to play quidditch, not just watch it, right?" She asked. He nodded.

"Well of course, but-" He stopped himself. As much as he loved Puddlemere, Cassie had a point. James wanted to play, not just sit and watch his team play, he could watch them play anytime really. So, he knew which team he was going to pick. As much as he loved Puddlemere, the Kestrels were going to be a better option for him. Plus, he'd already played with Hunter before and they seemed to work well together. At least better than Hunter and Initch had ever worked together. He and Hunter had dominated against Cassie and Hannah for a majority of the game that they'd played a couple days ago at Cassie's house. Hannah had claimed it was unfair as Hunter was a professional player, and that an infant would win as long as Hunter was on the team with him. James had rolled his eyes at her sentiment, but Hunter had appreciated it enough that he called a forfeit so that he and Hannah could go snog in the living room.