35.

On the morning of Halloween everyone in the school woke cautiously. Slytherins tiptoed out of their dorms and jumped at any slight noise. Hufflepuffs held hands and whispered with worried expressions. Ravenclaws had their wands at the ready. Even the teachers seemed nervous.

It was James Potter's last Halloween at Hogwarts, surely that meant that this year's prank would be the greatest, the grandest, and the largest.

The whole day people were suspicious of each other. Even the Gryffindors were anxious, after all they'd been pranked last year, now even they weren't safe.

By lunch people were bouncing in their seats. A couple students even looked green. The suspense was killing them.

When dinner came and still nothing had happened, everyone was holding their breath. Surely, it's happen now, at the feast. It made sense the feast was the best time. The easiest thing to wreak havoc during. But still nothing happened, even as the last yam was scraped into a student's mouth, even as desert appeared and disappeared. Still, nothing.

The students and teachers returned to their dorms, heads hanging. They felt almost… disappointed? Although most wouldn't admit it, Hogwarts looked forward to James Potter's Halloween prank every year. How could they not? It was one of the most exciting parts of Halloween.

Once he'd made every pumpkin decorations throughout the school explode during the feast. Everyone had ended up covered in pumpkin goo, it had been a great laugh.

Another time he'd charmed the mirrors to reflect ghoul faces back at anyone who looked in them. Everyone's hair was a mess all day and the girls who attempted to do their make-up without a mirror had looked quite silly.

Everyone slept fairly peacefully.

That is they slept peacefully until one in the morning when a loud alarm began to sound. People were jumping from their beds in seconds.

The alarm blared loudly, people tripped on blankets and each other as they attempted to rush into their common rooms.

The confusion was rumbling through all of Hogwarts. Students were mumbling and clapping hands over their ears wondering what was happening. The alarm stopped suddenly.

People slowly lowered their hands from their ears and looked around.

A disembodied voice spoke, "Good morning Hogwarts!" The voice seemed to boom from the ceilings and the walls. "I hope you're ready to party!"

When the words were cut off, music began playing. Houselves brought in large trays of foods and drinks to every common room and decorations around the common room became visible.

The students weren't all that disappointed or upset with James Potter's Halloween prank that year, even if he did wake them up early. The same can't be said for the teachers at Hogwarts.

James was ready to yank all of his hair out as he sat and stared at his mound of homework. It was early November and teachers were cramming in work before the Winter Holidays, although they were still over a month away. James found the surplus of work quite useless. He wanted to play quidditch professionally, why did it matter if he did good in school? But here he was, attempting to explain the difference between a Doxy, an imp, and a fairy. He let out a loud groan and allowed his head to thud hard against the table. He instantly wished he hadn't done that as his forehead was now quite sore.

"Hey Jamie, you look… exhausted."

James knew it was Cassie and allowed a tired smile to grace his face. Although she wasn't able to see it as his face was still squished into the table. She leaned down and kissed his cheek. He turned his face to be able to look at her.