19.

It was 5:00 in the morning and every one in the house was sleeping peacefully. The children tucked under their covers and parents cuddled in each other's arms. The presents rested under the tree, sorted and organized by direct families, waiting to be opened. Small snores were escaping under the cracks of Al's and James' rooms. While quiet sighs and murmurings were heard from behind Lily's door.

"CHRISTMAAAAAS!" The yell echoed throughout the whole house.

It was 5:04 on Christmas morning and everything was chaos. Teddy had sat up so fast in his bed that he'd fallen off of it with loud thump, his blankets and pillows tumbling after him. Lily had screamed, Rose sprang to her feet eyes wide, while Scorpius' loud curses could be heard from the first floor. Ron had ended up half-way off his bed, the blankets tangling him enough to hold him half-on, he swore louder than Scorpius as Hermione shushed him. Harry and Ginny had both merely groaned and smacked hands over their eyes.

It was 5:06 and everyone was running down the stairs. Their feet sounded like a stampede of wild, angry, animals. Wild, angry, animals that were ready to rip the one who'd awoken them to small pieces.

James and Al sat in front of the Christmas tree, beaming at each other in satisfaction. Every year they'd been the first to wake up and they always pulled a similar stunt to awaken the rest of the household. They were firm believers that it was impossible to sleep when so many presents were calling their names.

"James Sirius Potter and Albus Severus Potter you two are in so much trouble." Ginny glared, her hands on her hips. The boys' gleeful laughter came to an abrupt end. Their mother was in full scary, anger mode. She'd even middle named them.

The silence was broken by small giggles from behind the group of angry half-awake people.

"I've made pancakes." The others turned to find Cassie peaking into the living room door. "That is if you want them." They did indeed want them.

At 5:20 everyone in the Potter household was seated at the large dining table, serving themselves breakfast. Cassie had made more than just pancakes. Eggs, bacon, and sausages were also available on the dining table. All of which were piping hot as they'd just been finished. Cassie walked in with a plate of toast and all sorts of jellies.

The sweet aroma of the food was wafting to each nose and causing mouths to water. The smells had been previously unnoticed because of the state of uproar everyone had been in. Now, however, food was the only thing on everyone's minds. The stuffing of faces commenced and James and Al's wake-up was forgotten.

"You're brilliant woman!" James hugged Cassie, speaking with a mouthful of bacon.

"Thank you." She sat beside him and he retook his seat as well. Cassie leaned forward and whispered to James with a smile. "I overheard you and Al talking last night, thought I'd make a distraction from the trouble you two might cause."

James chuckled and passed some of the food to Cassie. "Thanks for having my back." She winked in response.

"This is delicious." Ron spoke through a mouthful of food. Hermione and Ginny both reached over to smack him.

"Manners." They chided in unison. Harry glanced at his friend and shook his head, before turning to Cassie.

"You didn't have to do this Cassie. I would've been fine making breakfast." She shrugged in response.

"It's perfectly alright. I always make breakfast for Christmas, have since 3rd year. It's sort of tradition for me." She explained.

"Well this is the best food I've ever had." James exclaimed. Both his parents, his aunt, and Lily all gasped and feigned hurt expressions. Cassie chuckled as James eyes grew comically wide in fear. "I mean tied with mum, dad, and aunt Hermione." He backtracked quickly. Lily gasped again.