5.

James was thinking about his talk with Alfie the night before. He didn't think he could ever get along with a Slytherin. Slytherins were nasty, lying, cheating, conniving…

"Hey Jamie." James instantly felt guilty about those thoughts.

"Hey Lil." He turned to face his little sister in her emerald green tie and standard black Hogwarts' robes.

James had noticed that Lily hadn't made many friends among her housemates, perhaps because of her brother's opinions. Lily had always been very friendly and got along well with others, she just was never very trusting. Two traits that seemed to clash, but really they made things easier for Lily. Lily had stuck with her friends since diapers, Alice, Hugo, Domonique and Lysander and even in her second year she seemed to prefer them to any of the Slytherins.

James always worried that she was refusing to make friends because of his hatred for all things Slytherin. He felt guilty, but also rather glad that he hadn't had to put up with annoying little Slytherin First years all of last year.

"I was just wondering if your owl was available. Mine is at Teddy's." James nodded.

"Yeah Lil, you can use Crow." He shook his head a little at her. "You know it's alright to borrow a school owl, they have plenty." Lily shrugged.

"I like Crow though." James waved her off.

"Whatever, borrow him if you want." Lily thanked James with a ruffle of his hair, causing an undignified squeaked protest from his mouth.

"Brat." He coughed after her.

"Prick." She called over her shoulder. James could hear her giggles even as she left.

His sister might be annoying sometimes, as younger siblings often are, but she was a sweetheart as well. He rethought again his conversation from the night before. If his sister was a Slytherin and so wonderful, then maybe all Slytherins weren't awful.

Maybe he could give Cassie a chance.

Only maybe though.

It was Monday morning and Gryffindors and Slytherins had double potions together. Yet somehow Cassie managed to keep up a huge grin across her face and a skip in her step. She walked beside her two best friends. Hannah Belby and Layla West.

"So James Potter, Fred Weasley and Alfie Jordan, huh?" Hannah inquired, with raised eyebrows.

Hannah was one of the girls in Cassie's dorm, she had a large personality despite her short stature. She was all curves and attitude, which is why she got along perfectly with Cassie. Of course, most people got along well with Cassie, honestly.

"We didn't know you were friends with them, is all." Layla was much more tactful.

Layla was Cassie's best friend since first year. She was much quieter than her two friends and more peaceable. Her hair was pretty, straight and blonde and her eyes a rich brown. Layla claimed her eyes were mud colored and she wished they looked more like Cassie's.

"Yeah, they're interesting. Plus Alfie and I have always been friends since we're both prefects."

"You and Alfie aren't more than friends, right?" Hannah demanded.

"Of course we aren't." Cassie chuckled. "Why do you ask Han?" Hannah grinned roguishly.

"No reason." She attempted to fake innocence, causing both her friends to scoff.