11.

Cassie ended practice 15 minutes later than normal and by the time the team had changed and cleaned up it was already 5:40. Dinner was 20 minutes away and Cassie knew James would be waiting for her. It was their new thing, waiting for each other. Alfie didn't appreciate quidditch as much as Cassie and James so he could care less how their practices went. Fred had other friends to attend to, or so he claimed whenever the two would begin their rants on running a whole quidditch team. Leaving James and Cassie to walk with each other alone.

"Hey Cassie!" Blaise called after her before she could go very far.

"Oh, hey Blaise." She smiled kindly at him and waited for him to catch up to her. Blaise fell into step beside her.

"Walk to the castle with me?" Cassie knew James would be waiting somewhere nearby for her, but she did want to talk with Blaise.

"Actually I already have a walking buddy, but maybe you could join us?" She invited and crossed her fingers behind her back. Blaise agreed to amicably, causing a grin to overtake Cassie's face.

"So any clue who pranked the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? It was humorous I'll admit." Meg winked.

"No clue." Was her response. The two chatted and started back to the castle. Cassie glanced around for James, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Cassie, I was wonderi-" Blaise had started to ask a question. Cassie hoped she knew what that question was, she hoped that the question was going to make her incredibly happy. Unfortunately before she could discover the nature of the inquiry, another voice interrupted.

"Cassie! You walked straight past me and I didn't even notice, saw the back of your head and reali-" James was jogging up beside them. His voice and manner changed quickly from friendly to disgusted. "Oh, Zabini."

He viewed Blaise with the look someone gives a piece of gum stuck to their shoe.

"Potter." Blaise peered at James from over his nose self-importantly.

"Blaise this is my walking partner." Cassie laughed nervously noticing the two boys' instant animosity towards each other. Blaise glanced at James once more before yanking the entrance door open, holding it for Cassie.

"I'll see you around Cassie." He winked and made off. Cassie glanced back at James who'd just managed to catch the door before it smacked him in the face.

"You have the worse timing!" Cassie exclaimed, not exactly angry, but definitely exasperated.

"Sorry?" James' question was ignored as Cassie huffed and looped her arm through his.

"I'm starved, practice was grueling." The two chatted quidditch and nothing but all the way to dinner and through most of dinner as well. That is until Alfie let out a loud strangled noise from his throat and claimed;

"There is such thing as too much quidditch and you two passed it around twenty minutes ago."

James had awoken still buzzed with happiness from yesterdays pranking success and his long chat on quidditch with Cassie. Quidditch always left James in a better mood. Thursdays were rather boring and it was going normally as ever for James. The spells on Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs had worn off, breakfast and divination were boring and Free Period was full of lounging around and pretending to work. At the end of free period, he'd walked down to wait for Cassie at her classroom and together they and Alfie bagan traipsing to potions.

"Hey Cassie." Zabini called out loudly, waving his hand at her. Cassie tittered shyly and wiggled her fingers back at him. This shocked both James and Alfie, considering Cassie was not a shy girl and she didn't titter. Zabini was striding over to the group smoothly. He ignored both James and Alfie with a sort of vengeance. James supposed that it was better than the staring match they'd had the afternoon before.