12.

Saturday had finally come, Cassie had been looking forward to it since Thursday before potions. Every student waited for Hogsmeade weekends impatiently, but ones with dates made the minutes pass by even slower than usual. Halloween hadn't been very exciting, just another day of classes. The teachers had attempted to come up with 'cool' and 'fun' activities that were Halloween related for the students. Cassie hadn't been impressed. The feast had been it's normal large and impressive thing, causing Cassie to not exactly care about that either.

But finally, finally it was Saturday.

James had walked over to Cassie at the Slytherin table. Her outfit was flattering, a v-neck dark blue jumper on top of tight black jeans with boots.

"How do I look?" She asked him panicky. James was confused by her sudden interest in her appearance and how she'd barely greeted him.

"Beautiful." He shrugged as the truth slipped from his mouth.

"Really?" Cassie let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. I hope you have fun at Hogsmeade." She jumped up from her seat and kissed James cheek before going off to where Blaise was waiting for her outside of the doors.

Her date was fun. Blaise and Cassie started off chatting about quidditch, something Meg could go on for hours about honestly. At some point Blaise must've grown bored of that subject because he quickly moved on to potions. They eventually moved on from school as a subject and talked about their family and friends, telling hilarious stories.

"He didn't?" Cassie snorted in joy as the two left their fifth shop that day.

"I swear he did." Blaise promised with a returned laugh. Cassie glanced at the time and saw it was already one ten. James was going to be angry. Luckily she was almost at the Three Broomsticks now. She let out a sigh.

"I had a lot of fun." She started.

"Date doesn't have to end yet." Blaise told her. Cassie sighed again.

"I promised James and Alfie that I'd meet up with them at one." Blaise's face fell and he scrunched his nose in disgust.

"Potter?" Cassie nodded.

"Yeah, we're friends." She informed him, although she was sure he already was aware of the fact.

"Hm." Instead of really acknowledge the information Zabini leaned in and kissed Cassie.

They stood in the cold, breath intermingling right out front the Three Broomsticks. Cassie felt Zabini deepen the kiss, his mouth opening, she reciprocated quickly. Her hands went to his jacket and pulled him into her. He pulled away then, a huge smirk on his face.

"You'll go on another date with me?" It was more a statement than a question.

"Yeah." Cassie felt slightly breathless.

"How about a picnic on Wednesday for lunch?" She nodded at his suggestion.

"Sounds perfect." He winked and waved.

"See you around Cassie."

"Yeah." She reiterated. Blaise's back disappeared as he turned a corner. Cassie let a grin overtake her face and she stood for a little longer in the cool air.

"You're late." The voice was colder than the air. Cassie whipped around, coming face to face with James.

"Sorry, I lost track of the time." Cassie apologized genuinely as she wondered how long James had been standing there behind her. He didn't say anything, all he did was shrug and walk into The Three Broomsticks. Cassie followed quickly. "I really am sorry."