29.

Easter break was over before James could say "mischief managed". The month of April flew past in a rainy blur. The fact that it was already May was not lost on any of Hogwarts' students. Many were excitedly awaiting the end of the year which was about a month away. Other's were completely freaking out over exams which were a bit closer.

However, Slytherin and Hufflepuff quidditch players and fans were focused on the game that was happening that very moment.

James sat near the Slytherin side and was wearing a green scarf. He had received quite a few confused expressions. James Potter had never supported Slytherin in a quidditch game before.

"Oi, eyes on the game!" He barked in annoyance at a couple of Hufflepuff 2nd year girls who had been tittering a bit too loudly about him and staring quite obviously.

James kept his eyes glued on Cassie. She flew expertly. She was quick and smart. Everytime she dived or flipped James would suck in a breath and hold it until she had safely returned to the correct upright position.

James knew he should be paying attention to the chasers as they were in a constant battle to score points, but bludgers were constantly flying towards Cassie. Managing to give James' about a million heart attacks. She avoided each one with ease, but it still worried him.

James watched as her eyes widened and she leaned forward on her broom. She shot forward across the sky. She was headed a million miles a minute towards the golden snitch. James held his breath in awe. The rest of the crowd soon caught on as well, all eyes turning to Cassie. The Hufflepuff seeker had realized that Cassie had spotted the snitch. He had started from the other end of the field towards the glittering object as fast as he possibly could.

James knew what was about to happen before it did. He began to shout.

"They're going to collide!"

Alfie shook his head, from beside James. "No they won't." He was attempting to be reassuring, but James wasn't having it.

"Look!" He pointed as Cassie and the Hufflepuff seeker smacked together.

Their bodies and brooms made a loud thud as they hit. They bounced off of each other and both began falling towards the whole crowd had let out a gasp together. A couple people had screamed.

James whipped out his wand, unsure of what he'd do with it, but knowing he had to do something. He didn't have a chance to however. Cassie managed to slow her fall, but not prevent it. Her broom had splintered and was difficult to control. She sank to the ground and rolled off her broom. Her team flew to join her. The Hufflepuff players taking off towards their own seeker.

Suddenly the crowd of Slytherin players were jumping and cheering. The crowd was chaos. They were all completely confused.

Scorpius and Hannah lifted Cassie on their shoulders, her fist was raised in the air, clenched tightly in it was the snitch.

The crowd went crazy. Those decked in green were jumping, screaming, and hugging. Slytherin could win the cup if Gryffindor lost their game against Ravenclaw in two weeks.

James let out a sigh of relief as Cassie grinned at the crowd and waving the snitch in the air.

He managed to fight through the crowds to reach where Scorpius and Hannah held Meg. She was sat unevenly as Hannah was a fair bit shorter than Scorpius.

"You okay?" James shouted up to her. She was grinning with her fist still in the air. Her other arm, however was cradled against her body.

"What?" She yelled back.

"Are you okay?" Cassie frowned in confusion and shrugged her shoulders, signaling that she still didn't understand what James was saying. "Are you- oh this is ridiculous!" As he was yelling the cheers had gotten louder, managing to drown him out completely.