18.

The next morning was complete chaos. Ginny had paired off children and given them a job to complete in order for the house to be ready before Ron, Hermione, and their children got there. A third duplicate of Lily's bed had been made and the guest room cleaned to accommodate their visiting family members. Now the rest of the house had to be prepared.

Lily and Teddy were the living room decoration crew. That covered from the set up of the tree to the clean up of magazines or sweaters left on the couches.

Albus and Scorpius were clearing the yard, making it weed free and accident proof for when all the cousins came to play quidditch.

Cassie and James were told to walk down to the village and buy a huge list of items. Cassie thought they'd got the best job, Lily argued that hers was definitely better.

James thought that Lily had gotten the best job too, it was certainly less cold and a lot easier, but he figured as long as he was with Cassie no job would be too awful. James and Cassie had bundled up as warm as they could before trudging down to the village. Scarves, hats, sweatshirts, jackets, thick socks, and boots on top of jeans and long sleeved shirts. Their arms were hooked in typical Cassie and James style and hands tucked in pockets. The air was so chilly that clouds of breath fogged up the air in front of their faces and their boots stomped and crunched down on previously fallen snow.

"It's gorgeous, isn't it?" James glanced at Cassie with her pink cheeks, her bright blue eyes, which were reflecting the snow. Her hair cascaded down over her ears, shoulder and stopped mid-back, curling wildly as perusal. He glanced back at the landscape where she stared.

"Yeah, gorgeous." James agreed lightly. They chatted and joked as they walked to the village.

"Alright, first stop..." James glanced down at the list his mother had given him. "Wrapping paper?" He had no clue where to even begin looking.

"Probably in that store." Cassie pointed to a store named "Edna's Home Goods"

James crooked an eyebrow at her. "Edna?" Cassie shrugged in response.

"Come on." She dragged James into the small store, it appeared to be a type of muggle craft store. The display window had a Christmas tree with paper decorations and white fluffy cotton on the ground. There were also wooden dolls propped up beside fake presents, with cheery smiles painted onto their faces.

"Creepy." James muttered to Cassie, who elbowed him and hushed him.

"We don't want them to hear us." She hissed back jokingly. The two chuckled and entered the small store. It was very warm inside. The heat engulfed them, chasing away their frozen pink noses and numb fingers.

It smelled like candles. Vanilla candles. A warm and welcoming scent that the two wizards weren't used to. They both breathed in deeply, attempting to suck in as much of the warm sweet atmosphere as possible.

"Welcome dears. How can I help you?" The woman was old and had a smile as sweet as the smell of her shop. Cassie grinned back at the lady.

"We are looking for wrapping paper." The woman nodded slowly in thought.

"Yes, it's this way, follow me." James and Cassie followed the woman silently to the back corner of the store. The older woman stopped and gestured to a wall of wrapping paper rolls.

"Pick any you like dears. I'm Edna by the way, what's your names?"

"Cassie Malfoy and James Potter." Cassie stuck out a hand to shake the womans after she introduced herself.

"What a cute couple you are!" She cooed as James began to pick out wrapping paper.

"Oh no, no. We aren't-" They both began. The woman ignored them however and continued talking.