8.

Cassiopeia Malfoy felt completely at ease, after word had spread about her explosion yesterday no one was crossing her. Not that anyone had really crossed her before, but now they weren't even daring to share their suspicions of her being a part of the glitter prank.

The Quidditch tryouts for Slytherin had barely begun and the people walking on to the field were hesitant. Good, they'll listen to me. She thought with pleasure. Hannah came skipping over to Cassie with a huge grin on her face.

"This is brilliant!" She exclaimed at the situation. Cassie nodded her agreement and winked at her friend.

Hannah was the only person to skip up to Cassie, hug her and give a large greeting. The rest of the Slytherins stopped a fair distance away from her, awaiting her orders.

"Hello Malfoy." Cassie glanced over to see James pulling back from whispering in her ear, just as she had done yesterday. They shared a grin.

"Why are you here Potter?" James shrugged.

"Just in case anyone tries to hex you, I figured I'll be your security today since you were mine yesterday." Hannah chortled at James.

"Please Potter, I don't think anyone is going to risk making Cassie angry. They want to stay in one piece." Cassie giggled at her friends exaggeration. She surely wasn't that scary, all she'd done was take McLagan to Professor Longbottom's office and explain what had happened. Of course, knowing Hogwarts the rumours about what had happened probably made her out a lot scarier than she was.

Alright Hannah, off with the others, so I can start." Hannah winked at Cassie as she teased.

"Or what, you'll blow me up?" Cassie nodded seriously.

"I might, you know?" The two girls burst into laughter. Once the others witnessed Cassie's laughter, their nerves began to settle. Their straight backs relaxed and small smiles flickered onto their faces.

"Now that's better." Cassie's voice echoed on the pitch. "I don't want a team that only scowls, you have to be pretty too!" More smiles and even a couple chuckles were heard. Cassie ran her tryouts similarly to how James had the day before, the difference being she was grinning and kind and everyone willingly did as they were told. Slytherins appeared much more organized and less brash about not being accepted on the team then Gryffindors had been.

"Alright, time for final results!" The finalists gathered around Cassie in anticipation. Cassie began announcing name. "Beaters are Flint and Creevey, my keeper is Bao, and the lovely chasers are Hannah, Scorpius and Zabini." She shot Hannah a wink when she said lovely.

"Thank you darling!" Hannah responded loudly.

"I believe she was actually talking about me, right?" Zabini winked at Cassie.

"It was definitely me." Scorpius argued, good naturedly.

"Hm, yep definitely you Scorpius." She said mock seriously as the other two acted very offended.

Alfie and Fred raised their eyebrows at James as he sat himself down across from them. James had come skipping into the Great Hall, attached to not just one, but two Slytherin girls. He'd had his arm hooked in Cassie's until they had to separate to go to their separate tables.