14.

By the next morning Cassie had forgotten about her troubles from the night before. It was 6:30 am and there was a Quidditch game in three hours. Quidditch matches tended to create excitement in even the most studious of students. The few Ravenclaws that had already awoken had bright blue faces and were adorned in as much Ravenclaw paraphernalia as possible. Cassie was slipping over to the empty Slytherin table when sound burst through the doors to the Great Hall.

James had come skipping into breakfast singing about quidditch, his arm latched in Alfie's, dragging the yawning and disgruntled boy with him. Alfie did not seem happy to be awake so early with such a loud alarm yanking him along. Cassie grinned at James.

"Cassiopeia darling, care to join us!' James looped his other arm in hers, practically singing her name. She giggled and responded.

"Oh Jameson, I'd be honored." The two skipped to the Gryffindor table and sat themselves down. Alfie was shuffling behind them, he'd somehow managed to yank his arm from James' control.

"I hate morning people." Alfie muttered as his head banged against the table. James was ignoring his friend and instead singing a new song at the top of his lungs. Cassie joined in with laughter, adding her own notes and lyrics to his already terrible versus.

"And then old Ogg got hit in the head. While Gwenog flew from the rafters!" Alfie pounded his head on the table at his friends nonsensical tunes.

"Mr. Potter, Miss. Malfoy. I understand your excitement, but do try to keep it quieter. The rest of the castle is still trying to sleep." Professor Vector had walked down to them and spoke sternly with a firm frown on her face. Cassie knew Professor Vector's expressions however and this was one of her softer faces. James had never had a class with Professor Vector and was instantly frightened. Cassie winked at James.

"Of course Professor Vector. Sorry." Professor Victor's lips twitched into an almost smile at Cassie, her bubbly personality made it hard for even the sternest of teachers to resist.

"Thank you Miss Malfoy. I'll see in class next Thursday." Cassie nodded in response and waved Professor Vector away.

A couple Hufflepuffs had entered the Great Hall now and like the Ravenclaws, were showing their House spirit. One girl had transfigured her head to be a large badgers. Cassie and James cheered for her, glad that other people were as excited about quidditch as them. They had gone back to singing too. Alfie was smacking his head against the table repeatedly, while teachers shook their heads at them. More students trickled in to the Great Hall as the day progressed and they either glared, ignored or joined in with Cassie's and James' singing.

Roxanne had belted her own version of the school song replacing Hogwarts with Hufflepuff and other words with quidditch related vocabulary. She was decked in yellow and black attire as her recent boyfriend was on Hufflepuff and her last ex was in Ravenclaw. However, she walked beside Rose who was decked in Ravenclaw attire to support her best friend. Cassie and James ended their song and meal once it was 9 o'clock. The game would begin in 30 short minutes and every one was filtering down to the field. The players had left around 20 minutes earlier to get dressed and stretched. Cassie and James were chatting incessantly and at warp speed, while Alfie trailed behind them, a muffin clutched in one hand. They sat themselves in the best seats, shoving others out of their way and squishing in next to eachother. Cassie was practically sat on James' lap.

Most of Gryffindor had come to see the game along with all of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. The first couple quidditch games were always exciting to watch. Cassie had suggested for her quidditch team to watch the game as well, to learn more about their opponents and how they play. Besides some of the Slytherin team, not many other Slytherins had attended the match, instead favoring to sleep in or traipse around a nearly empty castle.