6.

Al had awoken to one of his roommates jumping on his bed screaming, another one running circles around the dorm, the third hopping up and down in place yelling, and the fourth nowhere to be found. He dressed quickly and raced down the stairs only to happen upon his sister hexing another kid while her scarf was on fire beside her in the common room. He snuck past her feeling slightly sorry for the kid on the receiving end of her wand. Next, when traveling down a corridor, he heard a piercing scream and witnessed one of his many cousins chasing after a cat with a piece of parchment in it's mouth.

It was safe to say Al's morning had been more than a little interesting.

When Al walked into the Great Hall he was hardly surprised to see his brother acting just as strange as the rest of the world. James was sitting next to a Slytherin girl at the breakfast table. He recognized her as the girl who'd been with James on the Astronomy tower. Al's bad mood increased at the memory. His dumb brother was always interrupting at the worst times.

Time to give James a taste of his own medicine.

"Is this your girlfriend?" He interjected over James laughter. James glanced up at Al with a scowl. Al had spoken loud enough for most of the Gryffindor's to hear, causing them to turn and listen intently, wanting to know the answer themselves. The Hogwarts gossip mill loved the Potters and loved drama, so put them together and…. Well, it was the most exciting thing possible.

"Excuse me?" James questioned Al.

"Are you dating a Slytherin?" Al glanced at Cassie's green and silver tie, pointedly.

"No!" James appeared shocked and he shook his head quickly. Cassie giggled at James slightly horrified face.

"I am offended at how quick you are to dismiss our love." She spoke seriously, causing James eyes to grow larger. Al burst into laughter. "Only joking!" She held up her hand reassuringly and winked at Al.

"You know I came over here to annoy my brother, but it looks like you're doing that pretty well yourself." Al slid into the space between James and Cassie, shoving James over. James was scowling at him, Al was all to happy to ignore his brother.

"We were never properly introduced." Al stuck a hand out to Cassie and offered her a grin. "I'm Al."

"Cassie." She accepted his hand and returned his smile. Al turned to James.

"Normally I'd question your well being since you are sitting with a Slytherin, but I've seen stranger this morning." James frowned into his eggs.

"Cassie's too nice for people not to like her. Even Slytherin hater James." Alfie informed Albus.

"Really?" Al faced Cassie inquiringly. She shrugged.

"I'm just normal nice. Alfie is being sweet." She spoke modestly with a smile Alfie's way. Her answer seemed to confirm Alfie's earlier statement, causing Al to take instant interest in Cassie.

Al sat and watched the interactions between James and Cassie. He expected for James to be his usual rude self and for Cassie to return the feelings. James Potter may hate Slytherins, but they hated him back just as strongly. Instead he witnessed something as strange as the rest of his morning had been.

They got along.

Although, Al supposed it would be hard not to get along with Cassie. She was so kind and bubbly and he found himself smiling at everything she did and said. He did notice James' attempts to keep up his pretenses of dislike, but he was failing majorly.