13.

Blaise was already seated in the shade by a couple of trees. Cassie noticed that the tree she, Fred and James usually occupied was empty. It made her a little sad. She reminded herself that it was a rather chilly autumn day after all, not many people would be outside. She was bundled in her jumper, jeans, boots and Slytherin scarf and she still found herself shivering when the cool breeze blew.

She was distracted from her thoughts on the weather by Blaise's greeting. Her stomach was flipping and fluttering at his perfect smile and offered hand. She took it and allowed him to pull her into a seated possession beside him on the green blanket.

"Hey." She grinned shyly at him and ran her hand over the soft blanket that he'd laid out. They sat beside each other a little nervously. Both excited and terrified for the date, but not wanting the other to know about it.

"Have you had a good week so far?" Blaise's voice was too formal and he cursed himself for it. He's always been suave and easy going on dates. It had never been a problem for him before, but Cassie had such an energy about her. An aura that made his hands sweat and stomach flutter. He wasn't sure he liked the feeling very much, he felt sort of nauseous from it.

"Brilliant, I already finished our potions essay and I had waffles for breakfast." Her energetic response startled a chuckle from Blaise. She was strange, but in a good sort of way he supposed. After all her beauty couldn't be matched by many and everyone loved her. "You?"

She asked it kindly and he thought for a moment. He was the brooding kind, it made girls fall at his feet as he'd discovered.

"Fair." He started. He debated whether or not to speak the next part. "Potter and I got in a small spat the other day, but other than that it's been normal."

He waited and viewed her face, attempting to predict her reaction He expected her to be much more put out then she was. Her head was shaking and her face was one of amusement.

"A spat?" Her question was hesitant. Blaise continued with a nod.

"Nothing big." Zabini rolled his eyes. "Potter just demanded I stay away from you." Cassie giggled now and shook her head again, fondly.

"Yeah, James is a little possessive of his friends. He's not good at sharing." She informed Blaise. He frowned slightly at that, he'd been hoping for a larger reaction from Cassie. Potter was an annoyance that he really wanted to rid himself of. Plus, he seemed like a distraction to Cassie from Blaise. Blaise wanted Cassie and Potter was in the way.

"He does realize that you two are only friends, right?" He hadn't meant to snap it. He immediately regretted doing so when he saw Cassie's slight frown.

"Of course he does." Blaise let out a small sigh of relief and put on his smooth voice. It was his fixing things voice.

"I'm sorry, I just really like you." He stared at his hands theatrically. Cassie melted like putty.

"No worries, I'm on a second date with you, aren't I?" She pointed out with a smile. He grinned and leaned in very slowly.

"You are." His lips met hers gently. Her lips pushed back briefly. He pulled away, staying a breath away from her.

"Maybe we could make a third date?"

"Why don't we talk when this one is done." He nodded, knowing he'd won.

The rest of the date went smoothly. The nerves from before had dissipated and they talked freely.

By the end of the date Cassie had agreed to another and after that one another. They were going on around two dates a week, so after their sixth date, Cassie agreed to more of a commitment. The conversation was quick, but made her feel gooey on the inside.