10.

James was freed from the Hospital Wing on Sunday night, giving him enough time to do homework and not miss any classes. He wasn't nearly as excited about that as Ms. Pomfrey expected him to be.

Homework wasn't the only thing causing James to wish he was still in the Hospital Wing. All of Gryffindor house seemed angry with him and the Slytherins kept thanking him and slapping him on the back. A few of the thank yous were actually genuine as Cassie's friends wanted him to know they appreciated him keeping her safe.

However worse was the teasing. James' teammates had somehow managed to enchant a beater's bat in each knight in the castles hand that they'd bang their head with when James walked past. He already had headache from the banging as he finally made it to potions class.

Since the last potions class, where Cassie had stolen Alfie's seat, every potions class after she'd sit beside James and Alfie would sit with Hannah. James was growing accustomed to it and decided it wasn't so bad after all. Professor Boot loved Cassie and she was excellent at potions, so sitting beside her gave James an advantage to the rest of the class.

Alfie was smart, he was brilliant and had gotten an O in potions last year, but Cassie was equally, if not better at potions. It seemed to come naturally to her and she retained all the tips and information that Professor Boot said, easily. She was also more able to help James with his potions than Alfie had been. Alfie enjoyed ignoring James and pretending he didn't exist during potions class, Cassie gave him full attention. James loved attention.

Cassie even answered the notes James would pass her. Something that thrilled him, because Alfie had always refused to even read the passed notes until after class had ended. Then Alfie would just respond face to face. What good was a passed note if it's not answered in note form too?

Malfoy, I'm bored.

Potter we are in class.

Hence why I'm bored.

Then put a dungbomb in Flint's cauldron.

That's brilliant!

And that's how James earned his second detention because of Cassie, the first had been when he'd been searching for her after she'd stolen the map. He pouted after that and sent another note her way.

Now I have detention!

Serves you right, you put a dungbomb in Flint's cauldron!

James grinned at the notes as he reread them in detention later. Cassie was beginning to grow on him. As much as he hated all things Slytherin, James couldn't bring himself to hate Cassie. Even if she'd cost him a quidditch game, earned him two detentions and caused most of Gryffindor house to be angry with him. For some reason he wanted to spend more time with her instead of avoid her like he should.

Any new prank ideas?

He sent the note to both Fred and Cassie. Cassie's response was instant and Fred's came a few minutes after.

Makeup on boys?

Put guys in dresses, it'll mess with their egos.

James grinned at the similar ideas, his own blooming in his head. Perhaps a combination of the two…

"Mister Potter. Are you cleaning?" Professor Boot's voice cut through James thoughts.

"Of course Professor." He responded cheekily and returned to scraping guts off the potions tables. It was pranking time, after all Halloween was only two weeks away.

Mindie Burke was walking to meet up with her latest fling. A boy named something Perry or maybe it was Peanie? Either way, he was cute and had abs and that's all that really mattered to her. She turned the corner and there he stood.