Part - 16

Mid Night.. 

Anamika was in the kitchen, trying to cook something which wasn't her cup of tea. She has never ever entered the kitchen and it's almost next to impossible for her to cook anything.. She opened Google and searched for some easy recipes but that too created problems for her as she didn't know about what ingredients it said about, she wasn't able to recognise any species except salt and sugar. She sighed angrily and turned to go, when she found Rajveer standing at the entrance of the kitchen. She down her gaze. 

Rajveer marched towards her "bhookh lagi hai" he asked politely. Anamika wanted to deny, she didn't want to take his help but her brain wasn't working at the moment, her stomach was producing sounds loud enough. She fought with her own thoughts whether to take his help or not, in the fight her empty stomach took over her brain and she ended up nodding her head positively. 

Rajveer turned to the refrigerator, he took out some veggies and a dough of flour. He asked her to wait outside and she obeyed it without any if and but.. 

Rajveer sighed, no matter how angry or disappointed he's with her but he can't just leave her, she's his daughter and he will do his best to keep her happy.

 He prepared food for her. 

Anamika, who was in the dining area, was impatiently waiting for Rajveer. She thought to check and stood up from her place, at the same time she saw Rajveer coming out of the kitchen with a tray. He placed the tray on the table. Anamika sat down and started eating hurriedly, she was stuffing the piece chapati in her mouth one after another. Rajveer was just staring at her silently. 

So, this is how she's suffering because of her own stubbornness. 

After she was done, she looked at Rajveer who was staring at her all the time. He noticed that her eyes were red and heavy, maybe she's sleepy that's why. He asked her to go back to the room and have a sleep. Anamika stood up from her place but instead of going she stood still in her place. 

Rajveer was about to ask her but was left shocked, she vomited and fell down on her knees, Rajveer was shocked. He held her and found she's having a high fever. She vomited vigorously and later fainted. 

Rajveer was tense, and her every action was making him more worried. She has started to shiver and her breath became uneven. He took her to her room and called his doctor friend. He covered her with a blanket and ran down to the kitchen to take some cold water and a cloth. He moved back to the room and settled beside her. He soaks the piece of cloth in the water and then puts it on her forehead. 

Soon the doctor arrived, since the door was already open by Rajveer, he directly marched towards Anamika room. He did her check up and sighed.. 

"kabse khaya nahi isne" he asked to Rajveer 

Rajveer shook his head "pata nahi. Lekin abhi abhi isne khaya tha aur sab vomite kar diya.. Kya hua hai isse" he asked worriedly, glancing at Anamika 

"kafi time se nahi khaya hai isne, shayad din se. Issliye weakness ho gayi aur fever aa gaya. Itne time se nahi kha ke aachanak abhi khaya toh vomiting ho gayi" he exclaims and prepare a injection 

"Ye injection de deta hoon, jaldi thik ho jayegi aur kuch medicine medicines hai wo de dena time se" the doctor said and injected her with the injection.. He forwarded a prescription to Rajveer. 

"baat kar le pehle, jab tak wo samajh na le kuch thik nahi hoga. Na uske saath, na tum dono ke saath" he spoke meaningfully 

Rajveer glance at Anamika "sunti hi toh nahi ye. Do saal ki bachchi toh nahi rahi ki jabardasti sunao usse" he said disappointedly… 

"I know, though hai samjhana lekin samjhana toh hoga hi. Nahi toh aaj fever hai kal jaane kya ho.. Kids nowadays are impossible to handle, unhe lagta hai jo wo kar rahe hai ya soch rahe hai wahi sahi hai.. Huh, just try again shayad sun le.. Nahi toh iske uss majnu ko bolo samjhaye isse "he said, Rajveer just nodded his head. 

Afterwards, his friend left the house. Rajveer requested him to not tell Naina this incident to Naina as she will be worried. His friend assured him that he wouldn't tell Naina anything to Naina.. 

Rajveer moved to his room to make sure that Naina was sleeping well. He then returned to Anamika's room and settled beside Anamika, he smeared her head. Anamika turns in her sleep, she holds Rajveer's hand and pulls it under her head. Rajveer smile at her act, he rest his head on the backrest and close his eyes 

… 

Next morning, 

Naina woke up when the sun rays touched her face. She opened her eyes and turned to the other side but couldn't find Rajveer. 

"Yeh kahan gaya subah subah" she thought and sat up. She descended down the bed and marched towards the washroom calling his name 

"Raj, tum andar ho kya" she asked but didn't receive any reply. 

"Kahan hai ye" she moved out of the room, she looked down in the hall area and dining area but couldn't find him. She moved to the Anamika room. She opened the door of her room and was left surprised. Rajveer was sleeping peacefully resting his back on the backrest while Anamika had her head on his lap and was holding his hand. He has his one hand on her head. 

"haw, dono ne patch up kar liya aur mujhe bhool gaye" she made a face as she thought that they (Rajveer and Anamika) had a conversation last night and Rajveer successfully convinced her. 

She marched towards the bed and placed her hand on his shoulder. Rajveer opened his eyes with her touch, he looked at her and yawned, pulling his hand from Anamika's grip. His movements disturb her sleep, she opens her eyes but was left shocked to see Raina there. She sits up instantly and moves back. Naina was surprised by her behaviour while Rajveer sighed. Rajveer descended down the bed, he hold Naina hand and move out of the room, Anamika watched them going.. 

To be continued..