Chapter 17.2

Chapter 17.2

True Carnage

Once he had called out his sword Rick reached into his inner shirt, pulling out his chained cross. He pulls on it lightly and the cross detaches from the chain, a swirl of dark energy surrounding Rick immediately. He laughs cruelly as he inverts the cross before slamming it back onto the chain. Once the cross links with the chain, a surge of dark energy flows from the cross and into Rick’s body, increasing his strength and heightening his senses. Rick closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, smiling as he felt the energy flow through his veins. He faces forward before opening his eyes, which had gone from ice blue to blood red.

‘Time to kill~’

The soldiers took one look at the sword and knew they were in for a hell of a fight. That sword had taken the lives of many of their comrades and the fear that they were next made them back away slightly from Rick, which infuriated the vampire watching them

‘Cowards! Kill him and bring me his head!’, Sting screamed at her troopers, seemingly shaking the fear out of them.

The troopers looked at Sting, then at Rick, then back at Sting again before throwing glances at one another. After a few minutes, they threw down their rifles and pulled out their melee weapons, which mostly consisted of axes and large swords, and turned their attention back to Rick. After all, it was better to die quickly at his hand then to have a slow and painful death at the hands of sting.

Rick smiled slightly as he watched the troopers, who were now ready and waiting to face him. He twirls Dentanas in his hands a few times, before grasping it tightly and plunging it into the concrete. The troopers stared at Rick, wondering what he was doing.

‘I feel like playing without Dentanas for a while. Need to stretch a bit so I think I’ll just use my hands’, Rick informs the confused troopers as he takes as few steps forward, doing some stretches as he watched them.

‘Right! Who’s first?’, He asks them, smiling slightly as he waited for his first opponent.

The troopers looked at each other, slight smiles forming under on their partially armored faces. This was the chance they needed. An unarmed Rick would be a lot easier to kill.

‘Douglas! You go first’, a trooper, who had a slightly better looking armor then the others shouted out.

‘Yes sir!’, a troop at the front shouted as he began to lumber his way towards Rick, who waited patiently with his hands behind his back.

Rick sighed softly as he watched the trooper slowly begin to pick up his face as he neared him, his lance like weapon pointed at the young red haired male’s head.

‘Amateur’, Rick mumbled under his breath as he waited for just the right moment to counter the troopers move.

And that moment came pretty fast, as the trooper had closed the distance between the two to mere meters in a matter of seconds. As the tip of the lance made its way to his head, Rick swiftly reaches up with his left hand and grabs the blade of it at the last possible second. A cruel smile forms on his face as he pulls the lance, redirecting it so it shoots over his right shoulder. But the pulling action, plus the already built up speed from his charge, makes it impossible for the trooper to come to a stop. So instead of stopping at a safe distance from Rick, he ends up within arm’s reach of the now crouched and ready red head.

‘Surprise~’, Rick says in a taunting voice as he thrusts his hand, almost like how a tiger would swipe it’s paw, at the right side of the trooper’s stomach.

The trooper watches in mute horror as the armor that should have been able to stop a 50 caliber bullet, breaks open like an egg shell when The King’s hand rips through it and pierce into his flesh. He could feel the fingers of the red head before him clench around his fat and muscle before swiftly retracting out, pulling out a large chunk of his sides with them.

Rick laughs evilly as he watches the blood flow out of the wound her had made in the trooper as well as the look of sheer terror and pain of the troopers partially hidden face. He looks up at the trooper, who easily stood two heads higher then him, and smiled before thrusting his unbloodied hand at the left side of the trooper’s chest. And as before, he easily pierces through the armor and into the body of the large man. This time however he decides to do more damage, digging his hand in deeper and grabbing on to the man’s lung, before pulling out the organ in one swift move. He smiles up at the man as he bring the lung up to the view of his horrified eyes before crushing it in his hand.

‘Right then…Now you die’, King says softly, before repeating the process of ripping into and pulling out of the man’s body, pulling out and crushing his right kidney, spleen and two ribs.

The trooper watched in horror, before trying to retaliate by swing his free arm. But that was of no use as Rick had effectively weakened the trooper from his first two strikes

After a few grotesques and vile minutes of doing this, the trooper was now a standing pile of spilled blood and guts, barely breathing or responding. Rick took a step back, admiring his work as he did.

‘Hmm…now time for the grand finale’, Rick thinks as he gets ready for one last strike.

Rick pulls his arm all the way back, taking aim at the trooper’s chest before thrusting his arm at it. And as before his hand goes straight through the metal and flesh, piercing in deep till Rick can feel the dying heartbeat of his victim. He smiles viciously as he wraps his fingers around the beating heart, pulling out slowly as he watched the horror return to the eyes of the trooper. Once he had pulled the heart out, he crushes it immediately before pushing his hand in again. But this time around he thrusts in his other hand as well, making the hole bigger than the rest. The troopers standing in fear could only watch as King laughed manically, before ripping his victim’s chest open.

But he wasn’t through yet. As the dying trooper was about to breathe his last breath, Rick swiftly turned him around so he faced his comrades. And as the last gasp of air left his mouth, the boot of the red head burst through his chest exactly where he had aimed his kick. Blood and guts spilled on to the already red concrete walkway, before the body of the dead man slumped forward and fell on to the ground. And as he watched, Rick laughed wickedly at the sight of his first defeated prey, anxious to do the same to the rest.

‘Alright...Now we get started!’, King hollers as he pulls Dentanas out of the concrete, twirling it as he started to walk towards the troopers with the eyes of a stalking predator.