Chapter 14.4

Chapter 14.4

The Legion

‘It’s been awhile since we attended one of these meetings, hasn’t it dear?’, Takeshi Kinuyo asked her husband, Takeshi Akihiko, as she surveyed the conference room from where she sat.

‘Yes…been awhile since I’ve seen all these friendly faces’, Akihiko said sarcastically.

The conference room that they were in looked more like a courtroom, being split into two sides. One side was occupied by the Tyrants and their grunts and the other was occupied by the higher member of the Legion who had decided to attend the event.

Amongst the Lords and Ladies of the Legion were the Haganei and Takeshi couple, who were seated in the second row of their 4 stand seating gallery. Besides them, there were 15 other members there. Amongst them was the second in charge of The Legion, Lord Arthur Lockhart, a pure blooded vampire and leader of the prestigious Lockhart clan and his wife, Lady Emilia Lockhart, who was a halfblooded vampire. Lord Lockhart was probably a thousand years old, but he barely looked over 30. He had medium brown skin tone, midnight black hair and red pupils. His wife, Emilia, had a skin tone of a lighter shade of brown and the same red eyes. But unlike her husband, she had snow white hair. He body was also very curvaceous and well maintained, able to make any man fall for her. Both of them were well renowned in the vampire world as well as the fighters circle for their unbelievable skills in close quarter combat and their merciless fighting styles.

Besides them, there was also the master of the Long Blade, Lord Ryan Guther, a 34 year old Englishman, Lady Serena Lathen who was a master at healing techniques, Lady Heather Mason, the world’s greatest speed fighter and Lord Gordon Ryder, the earth element specialist. All of them were dressed smartly in various elegant and professional looking suits and dresses,. all bearing the two sworded gold and black emblem of The Legion.

‘Akihiro, Kaede…..Nice to see you two again’, Arthur greeted his two friends as he walked over to them.

‘And you two as well Mitsuko and Kinuyo’, Emelia added as she walked over and took a seat beside the two ladies.

‘Yes…how have you two been Arthur-san’, Akihiro asked as he and Kaede got up and shook Arthur’s hand.

‘Not so well Akihiro’, Arthur replies, his expression saddening.

‘Still haven’t been able to find her?’, Kaede asked as the three started walking towards the central seating are where they would be seated at.

‘No…It’s been three years Kaede…I’m really starting to lose hope that she will return’, Arthur tells his friend as tears form at the corner of the vampire’s eyes.

‘Don’t Arthur-san….Anandan said he could still feel her aura, that means she is still alive. We’ll find your daughter soon my friend’, Akihiro reassured Arthur as he smiled softly.

‘Thank you my friends…So how are things with your families?’

‘Pretty well’

‘Terrible Emelia-chan’, Kinuyo answered her friend.

The three women, who had been left at the seating areas where more or less talking about the same topic as their husbands.

‘Terrible…..I’m guessing this has to do with the problems between Akihiro and Rick, am I right?’, Emelia asked her friend as she takes her hands into her own, giving her a soft look.

Kinuyo nods as tears form in her eyes.

‘It’s ok Kinuyo….it’ll work out’, Emelia says reassuringly as she wipes the red head’s tears away.

Kinuyo nods.

‘I hope it does Emelia-chan…It hurts so much to be separated from Rick….even now, he’s somewhere in this school yet I can’t go see him cause of my stubborn husband’, Kinuyo huffed as she wipes away her tears.

‘It will Kinuyo…’, Mitsuko says as she puts a hand on her sister-in-laws shoulder.

Kinuyo smiles softly as she wipes the last of her tears away.

‘Thank you, Emelia, Mitsuko’