Chapter 10.5

Chapter 10.5

Lost

King was starting to get desperate in finding Maria as the seconds began stretching into minutes. He reduced the amount of time he took to take in fresh air and increased the amount of time he spent underwater, which was starting to make him feel light headed.

‘I can’t keep this up for much longer or I’m gonna pass out! Dammit Tits! Stop making this so hard and just show up already!’, King thought, the annoyance from before building up again.

‘MARIA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?’, King yelled out in frustration, accidentally calling Maria by her real name, taking in some water as he did.

God must have decided to cut King some slack cause the second after he had shouted for Maria, he saw her head break the surface of the water. She was floating along limply, her face still under the water.

‘Well at least I can see her now….thanks lord’, King thought as he swam towards her. He grabbed Maria’s left arm as he got closer to her, pulling her close to check if she was breathing.

She was, but barely. Maria’s skin was ice cold from staying submerged for too long. Her face was pale and it didn’t look like she would survive much longer in the water.

‘Dammit! Hold on just a little longer Tits’, King told the semi-conscious Maria, looking around him for land.

‘There!’, King exclaimed as he spotted the river bank, immediately swimming towards it with the now unconscious Maria.

King climbed out of the water, dragging Maria along with him. He let go of her once they were a few meters in, crawling forward before moving to a seated position. He breathe in deeply, exhausted from the swim and search he just been through.

‘I hope that never happens again’, King said as he turned towards Maria.

King looked at the cause of all the problems for a few seconds, wondering if it had been really worth saving her. As he sat back, using his arms to support himself, he realized something. Maria’s chest wasn’t rising or falling.

‘Oh, no, no, no!’, King yelled as he rushed towards her, skidding to a halt on his knees beside her.

King moved his right hand to just below her nose to check for breathing while he used his left hand to check her right wrist for a pulse. He couldn’t feel either of them.

‘Shit!’, King exclaimed as he ripped open Maria’s uniform.

‘Don’t you dare die on me Tits!’, King told Maria as he placed his hands over her chest, preparing to do emergency CPR.

Maria’s wet under shirt and bra stuck to her body tightly slightly distracting King, who was now pushing his clenched fists down on Maria’s chest, starting his first set of pumps. (One set is 30 pumps).  After he finished he checked for breathing.

‘Damn!’, King cursed when he didn’t feel anything, moving on to the second set.

As King finished the third set, Maria began coughing violently, water spewing out of her mouth as she did. King checked for breathing, letting out a sigh of relieve when he heard Maria softly inhale and exhale.

King sat up, leaning back while supporting himself with his right arm, whipping the sweat and river water of his face with the left.

King looked back at Maria who seemed to be in a stable condition. He could here her breathing softly and looked on, slightly bewildered, as a cute smile formed on her face as she dreamt of god only knows what. How could a girl who had been so close to death be smiling?

‘She’s….really something else’, King thought as he began getting to his feet.

Even as he began getting up, King was taking a good look at his surroundings. None of it seemed familiar to him. They were completed surrounded by thick bushes, tall trees and dense undergrowth.

‘Were in the blue hell are we now……’, King muttered, mostly to himself, taking out his portable GPS device as he did.