Chapter 19.5

Chapter 19.5

Revenge never dies

‘Devan….I’m so sorry…I almost did it…..I almost…’

The mumblings of Angela Lockhart could be heard by the students, who stayed well clear of her as she let out threatening growls every few minutes. As Angela began to recompose herself, her crying turning to soft sob, her head became clear and she was able to revisit the moments that had just passed in her mind. And as she did, her sorrow turned to new anger. An anger directed to one man. And that man was, Crown, the leader of Taskforce 666.

‘He’s the one…He did this. He ruined my plans’, The young vampire thinks to herself, clenching her fists as she turned her head to look towards the young lieutenant.

But what she saw instead was the approaching figure of the one known as King.

‘Great…She went from water fountain to enraged animal’, Rick mumbles, rolling his eyes when he sees the look of anger on Angela’s face.

‘She better not give me any trouble’

Angela’s mind was now frantically trying to figure out a solution to her. She knew by the way that Rick was walking up to her that he was either going to finish her off or capture her. Before either of those outcomes became true, she had to kill Martin Sevan. That was her only goal at this time.

So as the red head slowly walked towards her, Angela began to feel through the pockets on her pants. She was looking for a weapon, something that she could use to kill. But had she loaded herself? That question ran through her panicking mind as she searched.

‘C’mon, c’mon…Something…anything…Ah!’

Angela’s eyes lit up with a renewed thirst to kill when she feels the handle of a revolver in her lower right pant pocket. She slides her right hand into her pocket, grasping on to the handle while her finger rested on the trigger. As she did this her gaze moved from Rick to Sevan, a cruel smirk forming on her face when she realized that he was not paying any heed to her. A mistake that would prove to be very costly within the next few minutes.

Angela waited as Rick got just within reach of her, the smirk remaining on her face as she pulled out a gas bomb from her left pant pocket. She throws the bomb onto the ground, smoke surrounding the area that the both where in. But unlike Rick, Angela already knew in which direction she needed to go.

‘What the hell’, Rick coughed out as the smoke blinded his vision, making him lose sight of the vampire.

As he begins to recover from the coughing he quickly activates his sunglasses thermal vision screen. When he does, he spots Angela running towards the center of the last step.

‘What the bloody hell does she think she’s doing?!, Rick thinks to himself, before growling as he felt slightly light headed due to the smoke.

‘Shit…Don’t tell me…she’s going to try to kill him!’

The deranged smile on Angela’s lips only grew wider as she neared her position to end her 12 year hatred for Martin Sevan. She was going to kill him and after which she was going to join her Devan at wherever he was.

‘Wait for me Devan. I’m almost coming to see you’, Angela whispers softly, a lone tear of joy sliding down her cheek as she reached the center stone of the last step.