Chapter 15.4

Chapter 15.4

Merciless intent

‘Taylor-san! What are you doing!?’, Maria yelled at Taylor, who simply brushed her hollering off as he takes a step towards Rick.

‘Rick Takeshi! You under arrest for being suspected as a spy. Do not try to resist or we will fire’, Taylor ordered Rick, who continued to stand with his back turned to them.

‘Taylor you bastard!’, Helena swears at Taylor as she and the other 3 members of Team Infinity materialized their Melee weapons and began stalking towards Taylor.

But the second they took a step towards him, Hana and her team immediately drew their weapons and stood guard at the right entrance, blocking Team Infinity’s advance.

‘Get out of the way Hana!’, Rose threated the dark haired girl, who smirked as she raised her blade.

‘Make me Rose-chan’, Hana taunted Rose as she swayed her sword from left to right, tempting the Red head even more.

‘Oh we will Hana-chan.’, Elisa stepped forward, punching her fists together to activate her battle gauntlets which glowed a light blue as they powered up.

As they were about to get their fight on, a light yellow seal appeared below them. The seal had many elaborate drawings on it, most in the shape of vines and flowers to show that it was a Floral Elemental user’s seal. All I eyes turned to Hana, who blinked in confusion as she looked at the seal.

‘This…isn’t mine’, she mumbles out just as vines shoot out of the seal and constrict tightly around the girls arms, legs and torsos, keeping then in place.

‘Well yes it isn’t Hana. It’s mine’, the user of the seal said as he turns to look at them.

The seven girls started at Clade with wide eyes.

‘Clade-san! Why did you trap us as well?!’, Hana questioned the man as she squirmed in the grips of the vines.

‘Well you were standing in the way….so you got caught as well. Try to move away next time Hana’, Azumi answered for her boyfriend as she giggled at the pathetic state the girls where in.

‘I’m sorry about this Hana, but we need to keep you restrained till we’re done with him’, Taylor explains, his eyes still glued on Rick’s back.

Hana was about to protest against this absurd situation she had been put in but stopped when she sensed the sudden hostile and deadly aura flowing the members of the student council, who all had vicious grins on their faces as they stared at the dark haired man before them.

‘…..Fine’, Hana finally mumbled out as she crossed her arms and huffed, glaring at Helena who was in the same predicament as her.

 Once he was sure that the action behind him had settled, Taylor turned his full attention back to Rick, who was still standing with his back faced to the group. This caused Taylor to smirk slightly, thinking that Rick was frozen with fear now that he had been found out. And with this confidence, he started to slowly strut towards Rick, making sure that with each step he took, the bottoms of his shoes contacted with the floor with enough force to make a loud ‘clack’ sound, trying to instill more fear in to his prey.

‘Well then…Shall we g-‘

‘Stay away from him Taylor!’, Maria cut Taylor of as she stood between him and Rick, glaring at the blonde as she held her arms out in a protective manner.

‘Step out of the way Maria. He needs to be brought in for questioning’, Taylor huffed as he tried his best to keep his cool.

‘And what evidence do you have to bring me in Taylor?’, Rick suddenly cut in, stunning both Maria and Taylor.

‘E-Evidence….Well we have Maria’s confession on a tape recorder! That should be more than enough’, Taylor answered Rick with a slight hesitation, wondering what the failure was trying to pull.

As Rick hears these words from Taylor, a cruel smile which is hidden from the view of the others forms on his face.

‘Oh….But how do you know that she isn’t lying hmm?’, Rick suddenly asked, shell shocking everyone standing there, especially the girl he was accusing.

It was clear that Maria had been terribly hurt by Rick’s words as her knees buckled and tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. Her mouth moved slightly as she mouthed out soundless words, before turning her head slowly and reluctantly to face Rick.

‘R-Rick…kun…’, She managed to mumble out before tears began streaming down her cheeks and her knees gave way, sending her tumbling to the floor.

‘Rick you bastard!’, Helena yells out as she tries to break free from the vines, the notion of hitting her brother dead center in his face clear in her action and tones.