Chapter 14.8

Chapter 14.8

Found out

‘Talk? About what?’, Helena questioned as she stepped in front of Maria.

‘Nothing to big….just about one of our students being a spy~’, Azumi teased as she leaned against Clade, who has resting against the black board at the frost of the classroom.

At the mention of her words, the four girls tensed up. Fear started to rise in all four of them as they gave each other worried looks, wondering if their secret had been found out.

‘Erhm…what does that have to do with us?’, Elisa asked cautiously, trying her best to maintain the fake smile on her face.

‘Y-Yeah…are you saying we’re spies!?’,Helena questioned, trying her best to play dumb and look brave, scanning the faces of the 8 individuals before her to figure out whether they knew about Rick.

‘Oh no Helena-chan. You got it all wrong. We don’t think you’re spies’, Hana said as she feigned innocence, smirking when she saw anger in Maria’s eyes.

‘Then what is it that you want to ask us then huh? Maria asked as she folded her arms, a bit of cockiness in her voice.

‘Well…about your cousin Rick Takeshi…is he a spy?’, Taylor suddenly asked, stunning the four girls.

‘W-What!? Are you crazy?!’, Helena screamed at Taylor as she continued to try and hide the truth.

‘You’re accusing Rick-Kun of being a spy!? That’s preposterous’, Maria scoffed, a small amount of fear mixed into her words though.

Taylor chuckles softly as he steps forward suddenly looking up at them with an intense glare.

‘Don’t lie to me Maria and Helena! We have proof! Daisuke, bring it to me’, he shouts as he motions for Daisuke to come over.

Daisuke does as he’s told, walking over to Taylor and handing him a recording device. He looks at the girls, in particular at Rose, as he mouths the words ‘I’m sorry’ before turning and walking back to lean against the wall.

Taylor turns back to face the girls, a smirk on his face as he hit the play button. As they listened, the voices of the four could be heard very clearly as they talked about the events that had happened during the mission, including the part about Rick.

Maria’s eyes where now glued to the tape recorder, a tightening feeling in her stomach. Her knees buckled slightly as tears started to form in her eyes when the realization that she had failed in keeping Rick safe hit her.

‘Dammit…this…wasn’t supposed to happen’, Maria stuttered out as she gripped onto a table to support, her head hung as she cried softly.

‘Maria-Chan…..’Helena called out softly to her cousin, but was unable to find any words to console her.

‘Hehehe….always knew that he would be a spy. Good thing I was there to record their conversation wasn’t it Taylor-san’, Hana suddenly cut into the conversation, a satisfied and smug look on her face as she looked at her now weeping rival.

‘You…You eavesdropped on our conversation!?’, Rose said accusingly as she looked at Hana, a hostile aura surrounding the red head.

‘Rose-chan, please calm down’, Daisuke pleaded as he rushed over to the red haired girl, holding her back from attacking Hana, who had a smirk on her pretty face.

‘That’s right red. You’re already in big trouble for hiding this from the principle. Trying anything else and we might need to take serious action’, Clade warns her, a wicked smile on his face as he pulls out a butterfly knife from a holster attached to his back. He twirls the knife in his hand, his eyes glued on Rose and Daisuke.

‘Easy Clade…we’re not here to fight…’, said Taylor as he held his hand out and flicked his wrist, a sign to  tell his men to stay at ease.

Clade huffed slightly, looking at Rose with disgust in his eyes,

‘I’ll get you next time…’, he mumbles as he places his knife back in the holster.

‘You can try bitch’, Rose growls, being held back by Daisuke who had a black expression on his face as he stared at Clade.