Chapter 20.5

Chapter 20.5

A battle of two brains

‘We can’t act now old friend. We need to formulate a plan. You’ll get the chance to fix your mistake’, Fujimori whispered to Sevan as he lightly pat his shoulder to calm the warrior down, smiling slightly when he sees the look of anger subside from his eyes.

‘Very well old friend….He lives…for now’, Sevan replied in the same shallow whisper, even though he knew very well that the two boys could hear them but the fact that their eyes never left the lips of Sevan and Fujimori.

Sevan continues to stare at the two for a bit longer after he and Fujimori had spoken before smirking as he began to make his way down the steps, followed soon after by the rest of his members.

As they reach the bottom steps Sevan watches as Devan’s left arm instinctively goes up and across Angela’s chest, almost if as he was protecting her from the older male.

‘Hmm…This I could use against him’, Sevan thinks to himself as he stop right in front of Devan, looking him straight in the eyes while ignoring the death glare from Rick.

‘Mhmm…Going to be a pleasure facing you in a battle of tactics my boy. I’m going to love seeing what you are capable of…now that I know you are a worthy opponent’

The look of surprise, mixed with a small amount on happiness, on Devan’s face intrigued the older Tactician before his eyes blink rapidly when a smile forms on the young man’s face.

‘So you finally admit it….I’m not that useless as you said I was huh?’, Devan asks Sevan in a tone that was somewhere between mocking and looking for approval.

It took Sevan a few minutes to compose himself. When he finally does the silverette breaks out into a loud, softer laugh then the one from before. Even though he was not getting looks of surprise and confusion from almost everyone there except Devan, Sevan did give a damn. He was, for the first time that day, happy.

‘Oh my boy….Yes, yes I know now that you aren’t useless. You’re a man who can go toe to toe with me in a tactical battle. And I look forward to seeing what you have in store for me’, Sevan answered Devan when he finally calms down before extending his right hand out to the male.

‘Hope you give me a good fight boy’, Sevan said as he waits for Devan to shake his hand

Devan’s eyes were now on the outreached hand of Martin Sevan, a small smile forming on his face as he extends his hand out to shake it.

‘Yeah I will…May the better tactician win’, Devan replies to Sevan, giving him a friendly smile which seemed out of place in that situation, none the less received well by the warrior

‘Oh I shall boy’, were Sevan’s final words before he pulled his hand away and began walking back to his limousine, smirking when he feels the glares from both Rick and Angela.

‘Those three…I must find a way to break them’, Sevan mumbles to himself as he enters his limousine, a last glance from him falling in the direction of the three young soldiers before the black tinted windows cover his eyes from those outside.